Fall scrimmages

GWAVE1

Mavericksinflight, I had already hit the sack when you posted last night. I get up early. There are a lot of good games that first week and it will be interesting to see who comes out with a win. I got to see the Mavs a couple of times last year and the team was good. That being said, and this is just my opinion, if your team this year can't match last year's teams ability, I think you will struggle with Powell. And I'll be honest, I don't know who you have coming back from last year and I'll take your word as to how you think this team will perform.

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

Mavericksinflight, I had already hit the sack when you posted last night. I get up early. There are a lot of good games that first week and it will be interesting to see who comes out with a win. I got to see the Mavs a couple of times last year and the team was good. That being said, and this is just my opinion, if your team this year can't match last year's teams ability, I think you will struggle with Powell. And I'll be honest, I don't know who you have coming back from last year and I'll take your word as to how you think this team will perform.

dawgs82 good you did not stay up. I am 3 hour behind in Seattle lol. Mavs lost a lot but players they have should be able to fill most gaps. Just have to get use to playing under the lights early and against tough teams like Powell. Powell has a lot that came back so that will really be a big test early for Mavs early. The Greeneville game will be big test for Powell but not sure yet who will be first team to take out Greeneville. Someone will eventually and I hope this is the year. Either way it is a non conference game so what matters for all teams is learning and stay healthy until playoff time. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Did you hear anything about the scrimmage from Friday night?

Gallatin 13 Shelbyville 7 starters ended up 20-7.   Hard hitting affair!  They had a lot of trouble getting anything on the ground.  Both teams had a couple of turnovers but overall I thought Gallatin played really well.  Still can be better but at this point I am very happy with what I see.   Next Friday the competition does not get any better.  

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin 13 Shelbyville 7 starters ended up 20-7.   Hard hitting affair!  They had a lot of trouble getting anything on the ground.  Both teams had a couple of turnovers but overall I thought Gallatin played really well.  Still can be better but at this point I am very happy with what I see.   Next Friday the competition does not get any better.  

I'll take it. That is a team that beat Gallatin in the playoffs 42-19 just 9 short months ago. Progression.