Fall scrimmages

GWAVE1

13 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I agree too this is going to be a great game for both Powell and Greenville. Let get some reports in here may be some score predictions. What about you Devilman

Powell has had a good 7on7 season, but that's 7on7.  So I don't buy into a lot of that.  They played there first scrimmage last week at Austin East vs Mo. East and Austin East.  From what I hear they looked good, but still have some things to work out naturally.  Greenville took it to Fulton at Carson Newman.  When Greenviles ones went agains Fulton's ones, I heard it wasnt even close.  Greeneville is starting that QB transfer from Catholic this year.  He is decent, but certainly not like the guy they had before.  Powell is going to be playing  a lot of Freshmen so should make for a good game.  It is a Rivalry Thursday game on TV, and are expecting some where in the 10k in attendance.  Powell will have the advantage there.

46 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell has had a good 7on7 season, but that's 7on7.  So I don't buy into a lot of that.  They played there first scrimmage last week at Austin East vs Mo. East and Austin East.  From what I hear they looked good, but still have some things to work out naturally.  Greenville took it to Fulton at Carson Newman.  When Greenviles ones went agains Fulton's ones, I heard it wasnt even close.  Greeneville is starting that QB transfer from Catholic this year.  He is decent, but certainly not like the guy they had before.  Powell is going to be playing  a lot of Freshmen so should make for a good game.  It is a Rivalry Thursday game on TV, and are expecting some where in the 10k in attendance.  Powell will have the advantage there.

If Powell has what is takes to stop a 30 game winning streak and back to back state champions set by Greeneville then AC is in deep trouble when we play Powell. I am assuming knowing Greeneville that Powell may not be on the same level but I am assuming. This week one and many teams will improve or fall to unfortunate injuries throughout the season but Greeneville always seem to be ready. My hope for Powell to win may not spell good for AC. So this will be one exciting game to say the least! 

14 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If Powell has what is takes to stop a 30 game winning streak and back to back state champions set by Greeneville then AC is in deep trouble when we play Powell. I am assuming knowing Greeneville that Powell may not be on the same level but I am assuming. This week one and many teams will improve or fall to unfortunate injuries throughout the season but Greeneville always seem to be ready. My hope for Powell to win may not spell good for AC. So this will be one exciting game to say the least! 

Ya for sure.  I think the only advantage Powell may have is that Greeneville Graduated a ton of kids, and a lot of those kids are playing big time football now in college.  I guess that is why they say strap it up and play the game.  You just never know.  AC plays Powell this year I think week 2?  That should be a great game to.  Not to familiar with AC, but they always seem competitive, and well coached.  

This game has the makings of a barn burner! Yes, Greeneville graduated a lot of players but they are in sorta the same boat as Maryville has been over the years, get big leads early and play a lot of 2nd and 3rd teamers. A lot of game experience comes back each year. They have a lot of good looking players. Powell, on the other hand, could be as good as the Central team from 3 years ago (Greeneville's last loss) that went on to the championship game. It's going to be a great game. Better get there early!

And Greeneville fans, I wasn't trying to stick it in your face, you may have been one of the top 5 programs in the state (any classification) the last 4 years. 

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

This game has the makings of a barn burner! Yes, Greeneville graduated a lot of players but they are in sorta the same boat as Maryville has been over the years, get big leads early and play a lot of 2nd and 3rd teamers. A lot of game experience comes back each year. They have a lot of good looking players. Powell, on the other hand, could be as good as the Central team from 3 years ago (Greeneville's last loss) that went on to the championship game. It's going to be a great game. Better get there early!

And Greeneville fans, I wasn't trying to stick it in your face, you may have been one of the top 5 programs in the state (any classification) the last 4 years. 

No that is true. This being a first Game two top teams would have to be one of the best games to open the season. But Greeneville has a way of playing spoiler really quick and not sure how good Powell really is. So that is the excitement for this game. Barn Burner....... :popcorneater:

Edited by Mavericksinflight
Spell

Lot of talk about Powell and Greeneville. Powell has a chance to be very good this season, but they have a brutal schedule. Matt Lowe did a tremendous job last year, and for 2019, they've got a nice mix of experience and a ton of young talented players on both sides of the ball. He seems to be picking up right where he left off in 2011. That said, even with the losses that Greeneville experienced in the off-season, I just don't think the Panthers are "there" yet. I like Greeneville by a TD or two.

Powell should be a playoff team, and I think they will be dangerous in November, given the schedule that they play. I just expect Greeneville to reload for the most part, much like Maryville does year after year.

• Like 1

Mavericksinflight, I had already hit the sack when you posted last night. I get up early. There are a lot of good games that first week and it will be interesting to see who comes out with a win. I got to see the Mavs a couple of times last year and the team was good. That being said, and this is just my opinion, if your team this year can't match last year's teams ability, I think you will struggle with Powell. And I'll be honest, I don't know who you have coming back from last year and I'll take your word as to how you think this team will perform.