2A REGION 5

I was not at the Summertown-Loretto game last night.  However, it seemed to be the perfect trap game for Summertown.  They were coming off an upset win over Lewis Co.  They were playing a team that was not supposed to be very good.  They play Forrest next week.  On top of that, Summertown is not a team that is used to winning a lot of football games, so handling success may be difficult for them.  

All that said, I expect Forrest to beat Summertown by 3+ scores next week.  

Maybe Summertown got Lewis on an off night. Maybe Lewis just isn't what they usually are, Maybe Loretto is better than their record would indicate. Maybe Summertown had an off night last night on a night Loretto was hitting on all 8 cylinders. Maybe Maybe Maybe. You could speculate all day long, but one thing is for certain, when dealing with teenagers, the unpredictable can and will sometimes happen! On any given night they can play above or below where most think they would. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

Maybe Summertown got Lewis on an off night. Maybe Lewis just isn't what they usually are, Maybe Loretto is better than their record would indicate. Maybe Summertown had an off night last night on a night Loretto was hitting on all 8 cylinders. Maybe Maybe Maybe. You could speculate all day long, but one thing is for certain, when dealing with teenagers, the unpredictable can and will sometimes happen! On any given night they can play above or below where most think they would. 

Well said... 

15 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

2nd 3rd 4th in region is wide open

Moore County will give you an idea where the Eagles stand. I would say they are comparable (maybe better) than Summertown. Based on Lewis County convincing win vs Riverside, Region 5 may take 3 out of the 4 opening round playoff games this year. Test will be if someone can unseat Waverly. 

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

Moore County will give you an idea where the Eagles stand. I would say they are comparable (maybe better) than Summertown. Based on Lewis County convincing win vs Riverside, Region 5 may take 3 out of the 4 opening round playoff games this year. Test will be if someone can unseat Waverly. 

That Moore game vs Forrest was a good game what i watched of it. Was tied when I quit watching it, but I know you guys ran away with it later.

26 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

That Moore game vs Forrest was a good game what i watched of it. Was tied when I quit watching it, but I know you guys ran away with it later.

Our best lineman got hurt in the 2nd quarter and our first lineman sub left the team so it took a couple series to get the offense back in tune that game. Moore County is solid and that 1A region is tough. Preseason favorite Mt Pleasant who stomped Summertown may not make the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, Salem said:

Our best lineman got hurt in the 2nd quarter and our first lineman sub left the team so it took a couple series to get the offense back in tune that game. Moore County is solid and that 1A region is tough. Preseason favorite Mt Pleasant who stomped Summertown may not make the playoffs. 

I thought Moore was pretty good as well. Cant recall which player it was but either their rb or qb was a good athlete.

Edited by Imthayeti

3 hours ago, Salem said:

I'm going to say that you are spot on with that comment about taking 3 of 4 from our region. I knew that this would be a tough year for us, but honestly thought that Riverside would be much better than what they've looked so far, and that Hickman County would improve also. Waverly will be a hard out by playoff time, they are gaining momentum by the week.

There's one more team from our region that you may have to worry about. Houston County has the players and experience to be much better by playoff time. QB has to settle down and hit throws, which he didn't early in our game. If he can make the throws consistently that he did in the second half, they will be dangerous just because they don't do anything to hurt themselves. Not many penalties, not many negative plays, hardly any mistakes on defense, and they are deep enough that they will still be playing hard late in the fourth.

Edited by tradertwo

2 hours ago, Salem said:

My thoughts exactly. It’ll be a good measuring stick of where we’re at. I watched some of the Moore / Forrest game and I’d be mistaken to think we’re gonna go in there and just have our way for 4 quarters. If I want to see a blowout I’m going to the wrong game. I’ll update score if I have a signal.