1. 1. Top Region Team 2019

• Clay County
    • Gordonsville
    • Jo Byrns
    • Monterey
    • Pickett County
    • Red Boiling Springs

18 hours ago, croz6110 said:

You're enrollment next year will be what decides what class you're in, so it can change between now and then.

By the way some of you guys talk, you're above 1A football. You might as well play up.

I don't know what TC new enrollment policy has on next year enrollment that's the wild card. With allowing residents that don't live in Trousdale Co to attend TC schools with $1500 a semester payment.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:34 PM, Southtowner said:

I believe this 'Tiger' issue was one as well in previous years.  Seems I remember this capsule referring to them as such. 

Is this one of the capsules from TNHighSchoolFootball? If so I've noticed over the years they are quite often incorrect.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, MOTO24 said:

I vote Gordonsville until someone knocks them off.  I don’t have very high expectations for JB.  As others have said, JB lost a lot of starters.  On top of that, our numbers are low so depth will be an issue (probably around 30 or so players).  With that said, I do think we have a good core group coming back but we can’t afford ANY injuries.  If Clay and Monterey are improved over last year then JB will struggle to make the playoffs.

I will say the same as well about Gordy.

The good news for you guys in 4-1A is that Republic is gone right when they were staring to put that program together.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, croz6110 said:

You're enrollment next year will be what decides what class you're in, so it can change between now and then.

By the way some of you guys talk, you're above 1A football. You might as well play up.

I doubt it will change that much as of right now they wouldn't be anywhere near close to 2A numbers.

• Upvote 1

What other scrimmages have taken place? 

I know Clay scrimmaged Upperman and I read a little about it on the 3A boards. Monterey scrimmaged Coalfield. I'm interested in that one, as we play Coalfield as well. Any feedback from those scrimmages?

We scrimmaged Dekalb and didn't look good at all. It was 1-0 with the starters, but that score is not indicative of the play on the field.

46 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I know Clay scrimmaged Upperman and I read a little about it on the 3A boards. Monterey scrimmaged Coalfield. I'm interested in that one, as we play Coalfield as well. Any feedback from those scrimmages?

We scrimmaged Dekalb and didn't look good at all. It was 1-0 with the starters, but that score is not indicative of the play on the field.

Coalfield crushed Monterey. Gordy should have a solid team. I think you boys potentially have the 3rd or 4th best team in the east. 

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Who is running the ball now that Givens is gone.

Is the 9th grader the qb starter?

1 hour ago, Orangecountry said:

Looked to me like Mcewen was a lot better on both sides of the ball. 

I watched the first hour of the 1’s versus 1’s and neither offense scored or moved the ball very well at all.  The only score I saw was when a JB player ran a fumble back about 60 yards for a TD.  

4 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Who is running the ball now that Givens is gone.

Is the 9th grader the qb starter?

A Senior named Jalen Brown will play RB, however, there's a freshman that may get a few carries, Mitchell Chapman. He's impressed many.

We'll also start a freshman at QB, Matthew Albritton. He has the potential to be special and got some snaps as an 8th grader last year.

45 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

A Senior named Jalen Brown will play RB, however, there's a freshman that may get a few carries, Mitchell Chapman. He's impressed many.

We'll also start a freshman at QB, Matthew Albritton. He has the potential to be special and got some snaps as an 8th grader last year.

Do you have a freshman class like the class of 2013?