Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

Impressed with McEwen! Waverly isn't Jell-O, whether they played well or not in this game. I made a prediction and was completely wrong... I'll take my crow any way you want to serve it, but I'd prefer it oven roasted with gravy and cranberry sauce. Nothing goes with football like a Thanksgiving themed plate of look how stupid I was!!!

Just now, Orangecountry said:

Just wait until after the Houston Co game. I’m sure Waverly isn’t laughing at them now. 

Well if Waverly plays like they did tonight they will lose that one too. Maybe this game was what they needed. Good thing about being at the very bottom is it can’t get much worst. I’d say losing to McEwen is about as low as you can go. I’m still throwing up. I’ll probably be sick for awhile.  Seeing Westview get 72 hung on them by a 1A school makes me feel a little better. Thankfully deer season opens tomorrow and the Vols are on a bye. So my wknd looks a little more promising 

52 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Just wait until after the Houston Co game. I’m sure Waverly isn’t laughing at them now. 

Don't think losing a football game doesn't have Waverly people still laughing at Mcewen.  Yeah, we got beat.  But you are still McEwen.  There is still plenty to laugh at you all about.  See you next year.

10 minutes ago, MannBlue said:

Don't think losing a football game doesn't have Waverly people still laughing at Mcewen.  Yeah, we got beat.  But you are still McEwen.  There is still plenty to laugh at you all about.  See you next year.

Laugh all you want. You lost the bridge to Camden and just lost highway 70 to a small 1a school. All three of your jr pro teams got blown out by Mcewen. Waverly football is the real joke. Laugh on folks. 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I was asking everyone for bail money if I speared the refs. I thought about it for a minute figured it wasn’t worth it with the coaching that went on! I sent you a message also are you like @Orangecountry and hide behind a keyboard also!

Yep that's me,  I hide right here behind the keyboard.  I really don't know much about sports.  I was told this was a great place for conversation.  I was taught when I meet new people to look them in the eye and say, hello, I'm Jimmy.  At that point, I understand its customary for the other to say their name.  Well, I don't know who you are nor did you tell me when you sent the message.  But I really dont care either.  As far as I am concerned, you are Vandyfan1 and for me that's just fine.  

I wouldn't have minded you spearing the refs.  Don't worry, someone would have thrown a flag on you for it though.  Next thing you know, you would have been 1st and 45.  Too bad they didn't let the boys play.  It would have been nice to see.  I say a boat load of clean hit with flags thrown. 

1 minute ago, Orangecountry said:

Laugh all you want. You lost the bridge to Camden and just lost highway 70 to a small 1a school. All three of your jr pro teams got blown out by Mcewen. Waverly football is the real joke. Laugh on folks. 

What's jr pro?  Oh you mean the little kiddy football.  yeah....  run with that.  Your small single A school beat a AA school.  Big deal.  A single A school just routed AAA Westview.  Huntingdon just beat a AAA Milan.  Pat yourself on the back.  You all are super special to have beat a then 3 and 2 AA school.  That was your playoff game with a senior heavy team.  Enjoy the win.  I congratulated your team and ate my crow.  I have not brought up any excuses or anything.  Fact of the matter is, we suck and so do you all.  We will see who is and is not in the playoffs this year.   Your record says it won't be you all and the way we played it won't be us either.