UC AT LC SEASON OPENER

Bigsw02

On 8/10/2019 at 3:42 PM, Bigsw02 said:

About 35 I think ( players on the team )

On 8/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, PeabodyPride said:

They wont the Gold with 28 a few years ago js...

32 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Swo I am hearing the injury bug has hit UC pretty hard this fall. I heard both quarterback and fullback are banged up pretty bad. I hope it's not true. I don't like to see any kid hurt.

Dont know what they have or dont have, but if what Peabodypride says is true it really shouldn't be a problem. One of the reasons I thought they may not have a great year is due to low #s. But what do I know. To win it with 28 you had a have a perfectly healthy team about all year to win it all which is really hard to accomplish at that level.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Dont know what they have or dont have, but if what Peabodypride says is true it really shouldn't be a problem. One of the reasons I thought they may not have a great year is due to low #s. But what do I know. To win it with 28 you had a have a perfectly healthy team about all year to win it all which is really hard to accomplish at that level.

He is telling the truth. Union City is a hard nosed football team that is very well coached.

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

He is telling the truth. Union City is a hard nosed football team that is very well coached.

I'm not saying they aren't. In fact I have respect for them as an established school who obviously has good coaching. In your own post you said kids were hurt bud. I only know what injuries have done to us at Meigs the last couple of years. I also seen what it did to Union City last year. If you recall one of the reasons they had a mediocre season compared to normal was injuries. If I recall correctly the Qb last year was hurt during the Mayfield game and that's what started it. Please correct me if I'm wrong though as that was last year.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

My point is that with low numbers on the team one injury can really hurt your season is all. I would be thrilled to go through a full season without injuries.

UC traditionally has low numbers they just run a scheme that is darn near impossible to prepare for,If you arent used to seeimg it its usually to late by tue time you figure it out !!! UC is all about trench warfare.. The QB injury imo is less of a issue than limemen for their brand of ball. LC is no stranger to them and vice versa athlete for athlete LC is far superior but I have seen those purple n gold twisty boys woop teams with twice the talent and numbers . I think alot of T posters are overlooking UC more than anyone at LC is they know they will have a battle on their hands!!

36 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

UC traditionally has low numbers they just run a scheme that is darn near impossible to prepare for,If you arent used to seeimg it its usually to late by tue time you figure it out !!! UC is all about trench warfare.. The QB injury imo is less of a issue than limemen for their brand of ball. LC is no stranger to them and vice versa athlete for athlete LC is far superior but I have seen those purple n gold twisty boys woop teams with twice the talent and numbers . I think alot of T posters are overlooking UC more than anyone at LC is they know they will have a battle on their hands!!

I only know what happened to them last year bud. Injuries really took its toll on them.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm not saying they aren't. In fact I have respect for them as an established school who obviously has good coaching. In your own post you said kids were hurt bud. I only know what injuries have done to us at Meigs the last couple of years. I also seen what it did to Union City last year. If you recall one of the reasons they had a mediocre season compared to normal was injuries. If I recall correctly the Qb last year was hurt during the Mayfield game and that's what started it. Please correct me if I'm wrong though as that was last year.

I said that I heard that the injury bug has hit UC hard. I don't know that for fact. I certainly hope it's not true.

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Idk man. Linemen are always important but the QB in that offense means a lot. So many reads to make. The difference between pitching and not pitching and when can be so immense. When UC was at their best this decade their QB (whose name escapes me #2 I believe) was excellent at making those decisions and got the best bang for your buck with Henry, Moffatt and the gang  

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Idk man. Linemen are always important but the QB in that offense means a lot. So many reads to make. The difference between pitching and not pitching and when can be so immense. When UC was at their best this decade their QB (whose name escapes me #2 I believe) was excellent at making those decisions and got the best bang for your buck with Henry, Moffatt and the gang  

Walton