Watertown Football 2019

Bms54

3 hours ago, Grizzly478 said:

I don’t know if the enrollment has as much to do with the recent success as everyone thinks, in my memory the core players for the last 5 years were kids that were brought up through AT LEAST the junior high.A lot who have been there since kindergarten. Don’t get me wrong there are some who have come here through moving or rezoning of the county, but i think it’s an attitude change, coaches brought in, and players are just overall better than what we have had in the past. 

Same head coach. Also, you aren't gonna convince many people that you haven't benefited from added enrollment. That's why we have classes. I wouldn't take it personal as I don't believe anyone is trying to take anything away from your program. 

20 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Double the enrollment? So they have 4A enrollment in 2A? That’s what Signal Mountain had for a few years.  

Hey, Sissy Mtn was the best 4A team to in a 2A title . . .

20 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Double the enrollment with the new school is the main driver, IMO, that along with the addition of Josh Hackett. Just wait, they're the next Signal Mountain. 

I don't know if H2O can pull from the same area Sissy Mtn did. 

13 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

Same head coach. Also, you aren't gonna convince many people that you haven't benefited from added enrollment. That's why we have classes. I wouldn't take it personal as I don't believe anyone is trying to take anything away from your program. 

I’m almost sure by the year 2021 we’re supposed to have 700+ students. That’s insane to me. In my opinion the enrollment growth isn’t near as big a factor as hackett has been. I can say that over the years it hasn’t mattered how many people move in, they are rarely football players. I think 2 players on last years team that actually played weren’t from Watertown or didn’t attend Watertown middle. I think tc has more then that not from hartsville but I could be wrong. Hackett has been great to our program the moment he arrived and im glad tc didn’t snag him from us but I can say that the biggest reason our football program has had the success it’s had over the past four years is the kids themselves. They buy in in middle school and by the time they get to Webster and hackett they’re ready to go. It’s just seemed like these kids have wanted it since junior pro and it’s sparked success that I can only hope continues to carry over year after year. I’m sure it’ll drop off a little bit soon but as for this year I’m looking for the tigers to reload.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

I imagine you would still keep each other on the schedule I would assume.

I don't know last time this happen I think we went a few years without playing. Only schools that TC keeps on schedule is Macon Co, Gordonsville and Friendship Christian. But seeing how TC was only able to schedule 9 games this year I hope Watertown stays on schedule it's a great game that fills the stands on both sides. 

Just now, RTD said:

I don't know last time this happen I think we went a few years without playing. Only schools that TC keeps on schedule is Macon Co, Gordonsville and Friendship Christian. But seeing how TC was only able to schedule 9 games this year I hope Watertown stays on schedule it's a great game that fills the stands on both sides. 

AND it's a rivalry...

• Like 1