Greeneville @ Powell

DevilMan03

18 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Reason I say it would not be an upset if Powell won is for a couple reasons.  One Powell is a 5a school Greeneville is a 4a school.  Two, when is the last time Greeneville beat a Knox County team.  If memory serves me right....never.   Greeneville is a good team no doubt, but new coach, and new players I think will hurt there chances on winning.  I do believe it will be a great game, and a close game as well.  

That's like saying if Clinton beat Alcoa it wouldn't be an upset because Clinton is 5a and Alcoa is 3a. Come on man! :lol:

8 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

You sound salty over those shutouts the devils put on the falcons in 2010-2011

I could care less about shutouts .. a  loss is a loss .. whether 35- 0  .. 42-12 ..  splitting hairs there ... fact is Greeneville has got a great program who has beaten some Knox Co schools  but how conveniently it was left out that the Knox Co schools like Fulton ( 2 times and would have been 3 ) , Central and Knox Catholic  have beaten the almighty GreeneDevils !!  Im just speaking the whole truth not just part of it ...... 

36 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

I could care less about shutouts .. a  loss is a loss .. whether 35- 0  .. 42-12 ..  splitting hairs there ... fact is Greeneville has got a great program who has beaten some Knox Co schools  but how conveniently it was left out that the Knox Co schools like Fulton ( 2 times and would have been 3 ) , Central and Knox Catholic  have beaten the almighty GreeneDevils !!  Im just speaking the whole truth not just part of it ...... 

Tadvols I respect you as a poster but when someone who seems to be a Powell supporter ask has Greeneville beaten a Knox Co. school ever? and then says what 15 years ago? How did you expect a Greeneville fan to react? The question wasn't "what is Greeneville's overall record vs Knox Co teams?" So i don't know what truth you're trying to speak. Everyone knows that Greeneville has respect for those teams you mention in Fulton, Central, and Catholic. Heck there is a lot of tie in between those 3 schools. Fulton and Greeneville always scrimmage at carson newman, Central's D coordinator and D line coach played underneath a lot of this Devil's Coaching staff, and Our QB transferred from Catholic.  We even have a tie into Powell with our D coordinator starting for them before playing college football.

• Upvote 2

I try not to wear green glasses and also try not to be to negative when the Devils are not winning by 50 at the half.This is a much different team and to be honest.I'm really excited to see what adjustments and changes the staff has made so far this year and as the season goes forward what they will be able to do.No question this has been one of the best football coaching staffs in the state for several years.Many things you can't control and we all know that but I hope we see this Devil team grow into another beast by years end.

It’s game day Y’all !

I was reminiscing and wanted to share some videos with you BIG GREENE fans.  Yes, we know those are past, but the future is here and we aren’t done yet!!! Win by 100 or 1 it doesn’t matter...A WIN is a WIN - Let’s get it done and its starts with tonight.  I am excited about what this team can and will accomplish this year!  GO BIG GREENE !!!

Hey GREENE, Hey GREENE, I say the blood makes the grass grow still in 2019.  No mercy,  now Let’s get after them panthers!  

Edited by Romansfive8