Milan @ Peabody (Thurs Night 7:00)

FightingBlue0

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

And he also and I quote from another source that this was the most talented team in 30 years a Milan.  It will be hared for Milan to beat Alcoa.  Covington almost did twice.  With that said.  They have the bodies to get it done.

You know it felt like maybe he had been telling his players that all week.  They didn’t look like they expected us to play. 

11 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

I don't blame Milan for trying to out athlete Peabody, Milan does have more athletes.

3 fundamental problems:

Coaching - Peabody is better. I would put that staff up against any in Tennessee. Vols included.

Attitude - I actually heard a kid from Milan talking trash to Peabody fans going into half. (Down by 4 touchdowns) These kids don't understand nobody is afraid of Milan anymore. They have to earn their respect.

Continuity - Milan has had a revolving door of coaches for a few years now. What gives?

That explains a lot I just didn't like their game plan at all. They kept basically trying to run their QB to the outside and all Peabody was doing was holding the edge and letting the LB’s finish the play. Peabody has way too good of a coach to try that all night long. You'll just pound that rock and their defense wanted no part of it you'll seem even more physical. I hope Trousdale can get back to Cookville to face Peabody it would be an even more physical game this year and hopefully, both teams will be healthy this time.  

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You know it felt like maybe he had been telling his players that all week.  They didn’t look like they expected us to play. 

We hit them in the mouth early and often.  This loss should make Milan better.  They have the tools but the offense has got to get better and the Defense has to improve also.  But all fairness to Milan, Peabody is going to make most teams look bad.

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

That explains a lot I just didn't like their game plan at all. They kept basically trying to run their QB to the outside and all Peabody was doing was holding the edge and letting the LB’s finish the play. Peabody has way too good of a coach to try that all night long. You'll just pound that rock and their defense wanted no part of it you'll seem even more physical. I hope Trousdale can get back to Cookville to face Peabody it would be an even more physical game this year and hopefully, both teams will be healthy this time.  

I really wan to see that matchup again with healthy athletes on the field.  Did you all lose your QB for the year.  I surely hope not.  If you do not want to answer that last question, I understand.

Edited by Golddoctor

11 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Let me give my opinion on athletes.  They are not always BLACK.  Milan's defense is almost completely made up of African Americans.  So does that make them more athletic than Trenton?  Milan's kids look the part because of their physical statue but by no means are they more athletic than Peabody.  We made them look slow last night.  Why?  because of how we went about preparing for this game.  Peabody was coached up last night and that makes for a quicker team.  It also takes guts, intelligence and heart to win and that is what Peabody has.  I am sure Milan has some intelligent players with guts and heart but last night it was all Trenton.  The score was not as bad as the game was.  We were very dominant.

In all honesty didnt Milan remind you of a poorly coached Memphis team of sorts ???? The Good Doctor is always delivering a good diagnoses !!! Big and imposing kids of amy race doesnt meen they are "athletes" it meens they are big boys is all !!!! Heres the point Baugus 6ft 175 and I promise you dont wanna meet him heads ups in a gap in tha line !!!!!!! Dont eveb look super athletic does he? Nope!! Hallbrook 5ft 10 and not imposing lookimg physically right??? Never dropped on the first hit and rarely the 2nd !!!! Now I can name more but I think they get the point Doc !!!! 

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

In all honesty didnt Milan remind you of a poorly coached Memphis team of sorts ???? The Good Doctor is always delivering a good diagnoses !!! Big and imposing kids of amy race doesnt meen they are "athletes" it meens they are big boys is all !!!! Heres the point Baugus 6ft 175 and I promise you dont wanna meet him heads ups in a gap in tha line !!!!!!! Dont eveb look super athletic does he? Nope!! Hallbrook 5ft 10 and not imposing lookimg physically right??? Never dropped on the first hit and rarely the 2nd !!!! Now I can name more but I think they get the point Doc !!!! 

Thanks for confirming that Pride.  You are a very cognitive guy.  For those who do not know-He is a smart guy.  

• Upvote 1

Trenton officially served me up a big plate of crow! 

I could not go to the game in person but I did watch it online. I was officially 5 touchdowns off on my prediction! WOW I have not been this bad wrong in a long long time. Milan looked to be playing checkers and Trenton was playing chess. 

My crow does not taste good. Good luck to both teams in the future. 

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

Trenton officially served me up a big plate of crow! 

I could not go to the game in person but I did watch it online. I was officially 5 touchdowns off on my prediction! WOW I have not been this bad wrong in a long long time. Milan looked to be playing checkers and Trenton was playing chess. 

My crow does not taste good. Good luck to both teams in the future. 

COUNTRY BOBS MAKES IT TOLERABLE!!! 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

That's because they're used to playing on their field with that huge crown where they're always running down hill.   They just forgot they were playing at Peabody and not Johnny Hale. :roflol: