Greeneville @ Daniel Boone

DevilMan03

Well,I'll take it just like I said I'd take a 21 point win before the game .If the Devils can just take care of their work a week at a time,it should come down to the winner of our Betsy game for the conference and that is no surprise .The surprise was how good the AC offense was against Powell tonight. This year won't be like last when we all knew it was the Devils to lose from the start.How we all matchup should be very interesting.Like tonight without all our weapons,it might come down to who has the most depth.I hate to always compare three years ago but this year looks a lot like that one and there could be a darkhorse from any part of the state.Bottom line is this Devil team is going to have to work extra hard this season and more so when the playoffs get here.Can they do it,yes sir !

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Decided to keep that under wraps this week. But Gregg Has a Knee Injury and word was he could have played but will sit for two weeks. 

Need to cut out The turnovers as this coulda have been a huge win. Regardless we move on with the W. Play calling wasn’t the greatest tonight and it cost us at times. 

Yep,I didn't think it would be told at all but the Greeneville sun reported online late last night

7 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Decided to keep that under wraps this week. But Gregg Has a Knee Injury and word was he could have played but will sit for two weeks. 

Need to cut out The turnovers as this coulda have been a huge win. Regardless we move on with the W. Play calling wasn’t the greatest tonight and it cost us at times. 

Lol excuses ...10-7 at halftime come on whats up with that.

Well sloppy game for the Devil's again. 4 turnovers. And very predictable play calling. It's frustrating and hard to watch sometimes. But at least they did cut down on the penalties some. And I thought the defense looked good again this week. And the offensive line showed improvement. The turnovers were just terrible though. First drive youngblood takes you all the way down the field and you get to 1st and goal at the 2 and take him out. And of course fumble the ball away on the next play. Then fumble a punt when you are making a fair catch. Just lack of concentration. If GHS had played clean. This would have been a major blowout. They had the ball 5 time's in the first half and 3 of those were turnovers. Just have to keep grinding and working hard in practice to get better. If they clean this stuff up. The potential is there to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

Well sloppy game for the Devil's again. 4 turnovers. And very predictable play calling. It's frustrating and hard to watch sometimes. But at least they did cut down on the penalties some. And I thought the defense looked good again this week. And the offensive line showed improvement. The turnovers were just terrible though. First drive youngblood takes you all the way down the field and you get to 1st and goal at the 2 and take him out. And of course fumble the ball away on the next play. Then fumble a punt when you are making a fair catch. Just lack of concentration. If GHS had played clean. This would have been a major blowout. They had the ball 5 time's in the first half and 3 of those were turnovers. Just have to keep grinding and working hard in practice to get better. If they clean this stuff up. The potential is there to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

Yes too many athletes to run between the guards 30 times a game 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

all this complaining....sheesh....its a win fellas....yah, i question why when were on the two, we're not running our pattented beef sneak, but maybe now that two times in two games, not running that has cost us a first down and drive killer at powell and a touchdown on the turnover tonight, hopefully from here out when its third or fourth and two or less, we line up in beef and just run "student body forward" from under center.....science AND common sense shows us that when WE know the snap count, that play is litterally impossible to lose yardage and probably has a 90 plus percent success rate......relax boys, there a ton of inexperience on the field right now and theyre only gona get better.....tonight, we saw what i think is a kid comming of age, in the new number two....Harrison....i told him before the game " i expect to see you make an impact tonight" and boy did he......kids a baller and the more experience he gets the better he will get......onward to a HOME game

You played db.....Its not like you played AC. Then the Devils would have something to brag about.

Its really pretty simple, a vastly superior team beat the other team.    Greeneville has better athletes at every position.   I would say coaching is even though (more on that later).     Hard to tell how good the Devil defense is when they know who is getting the ball 90% of the time.    When they play a more balanced offense (i.e., Elizabethton, AC, etc.) that will be the real test.  As far as turnovers, the same thing happened to us last week at South.... the Rebels put it on the carpet twice inside their own 5 and that made it look like an easy Boone win.   We probably would have won anyway but not by the 30-6 margin.    The only thing standing between 9-1 is Elizabethton, and what a game that is going to be.

I sat right beside the Greeneville press box coaches (PBC's), for whatever reason they decided to set up a table right outside the press box instead of going inside.    So all night long I heard them signal plays down to the field.     Interestingly enough, every time Greeneville had a miscue it is because they did not listen to the PBC's.    For example, late in the first half the PBC's called for a bubble screen, but they instead faked the bubble and threw deep, which Boone intercepted.     Just as a future reference point, they really should heed what the PBC's are saying.