Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

30 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Has this game lost any appeal since Greenback lost their County Championship?  Any luster been dulled?  

Absolutely not! Remember we lost to 3A Loudon in 2015 and to a really good Kingston team in OT same year and managed to win what I believe at the time was considered an upset vs Columbia in the semis. That team gelled and made adjustments after losing a lot of starters to graduation the previous year. These boys will learn to fight and be aggressive and not give up the Greenback way. 

11 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Absolutely not! Remember we lost to 3A Loudon in 2015 and to a really good Kingston team in OT same year and managed to win what I believe at the time was considered an upset vs Columbia in the semis. That team gelled and made adjustments after losing a lot of starters to graduation the previous year. These boys will learn to fight and be aggressive and not give up the Greenback way. 

Its early.

35 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Nope if anything it’s gotten better or at least at my house it has lol. 

Hard to tell what the kids are thinking. Myself it's probably gotten better due to the fact I feel like our boys didnt really play to full potential. I saw it in the quick drive we had to score after we stopped them at the 1 yard line. And the goal line stand on the 1 itself. I've seen us play much much better this year then what we did Saturday night. Sweetwater managed to slow our offense down some, which frankly isnt necessarily a bad thing considering had we blown Sweetwater out what good would the game have done us? And I'm sure Greenback is thinking since they had an easy time with Sweetwater in a scrimmage that Meigs might have slipped some. Tune in Friday to see what's what I guess.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Has this game lost any appeal since Greenback lost their County Championship?  Any luster been dulled?  

Not for me I fully anticipated it especially during warm up. Muskox and I watched Loudon and could tell they wanted it bad. Not that our boys didn't but there was a different intensity on their side. If you have ever played anything competitively you have had teams and games you got up for or didn't as much. I just think it was a perfect storm. We didnt execute on critical 3rd downs in the fist half. Dropped several balls that hit the hands and would have sustained the drives. Everyone knows you cant do that in competitive games and expect wins. I am 1000% confident it all will get worked out. Looking forward to the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Muskox man I garuntee no worries.  The greenback skillet slinger will have the durn personnel problems figured out by when that Ryan man plays this Fitzgerald man.  You think im joking but im not. 

7 hours ago, Gbnation said:

Nope Ryan will get them figured out!!

RD, Figure that Ryan man done knowds how to fix personnel problems. The skillet slinger’s skillet head done fessed up that Ryan man done got the answer from the skillet slinger.  Old Pirate thinking bout coming to this feud, should be a dandy. This is a head scratcher thou, Meigs appears to be the more polished team, however with the skillet slinger providing Ryan with needed personnel changes who knowds? A week is short time to make wholesale changes that the skillet slinger has identified. Figure OP is thinking the Tigers will bring home the bacon with what appears as a more balanced team. Yep, recon so

Edited by OLD PIRATE
Edit

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

RD, Figure that Ryan man done knowds how to fix personnel problems. The skillet slinger’s skillet head done fessed up that Ryan man done got the answer from the skillet slinger.  Old Pirate thinking bout coming to this feud, should be a dandy. This is a head scratcher thou, Meigs appears to be the more polished team, however with the skillet slinger providing Ryan with needed personnel changes who knowds? A week is short time to make wholesale changes that the skillet slinger has identified. Figure OP is thinking the Tigers will bring home the bacon with what appears as a more balanced team. Yep, recon so

You should write comedy! Or fiction! You are really good at both!:roflol:

34 minutes ago, powerp said:

Two keys to this game:

For Greenback, stop Swafford's mobility, limit his passing damage.

For Meigs, control the line and get pressure on the qb before he can throw to talented receivers. Hard to throw when you have someone in your face.

Great points.

3 hours ago, Gbnation said:

Nope if anything it’s gotten better or at least at my house it has lol. 

When our eyes get opened good things can happen!We played with them shut all night!We all said there was a more than great chance at a 0-2 start for this team,however i think thos team WILL improve every week.

3 hours ago, ladykee said:

Ahh the Columbia bleacher sweepers lol

17 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Greenback will get it together.  They just need to find their identity.  Too many athletes that need leadership.  I’ve said it before and will say it again, the Riddle twins and Hanley were leaders.  Who’s this year’s leader?

On another note, Meigs lost several but have several to fill in.  The QB is gonna get his no doubt, but how is their defense??

good luck both teams

Leadership on the field is underrated by most but it is a must in football.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1