Watertown travels to Nolensville

Bms54

On 8/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, TCRadio said:

Watertown cleans some things up and has a better week, just don’t think it’s enough vs a good up and coming nolensville program, I’ll say 35-21 knights.

Line play has to improve for Wtown and a couple more kids have to get in the offensive mix to compete.  Your prediction may very well be close to accurate.

9 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Yes I know that buddy. Did not know you had a kid on the team. I never would have guessed you would be watching it though...do you understand what is going on?

Why yes...yes I do. One team throws that brown thing to the one player they call the Quarterback, and he tries to give it to other teammates by various methods. They then try to advance the ball down the field, while the other team tries to tackle the man with the ball. It all makes for a very good time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1time4thepeople said:

It amazes me that you TC guys are only playing 9 and your off week just happens to come the week before you guys play Watertown.  Hummm

That game will decide home field till the quarters for them most likely. Strategically its smart to prepare for a team that way when it holds alot of worth.

The X factor this Friday will be the guys in the trenches. Gordonsville was able to compete last week and with all the talent we have I thought our guys were gonna step up and blow em out but that wasn’t the case. I think gordy got worse from last year and our performance was disappointing. However if we can get some guys ready this week I believe we can stifle Nolensville and maybe come out with a a dub in a 1-2 score game. The purple tigers have a lot of potential this season it all depends on how bad these guys want it.

1 hour ago, takeittothebank23 said:

The X factor this Friday will be the guys in the trenches. Gordonsville was able to compete last week and with all the talent we have I thought our guys were gonna step up and blow em out but that wasn’t the case. I think gordy got worse from last year and our performance was disappointing. However if we can get some guys ready this week I believe we can stifle Nolensville and maybe come out with a a dub in a 1-2 score game. The purple tigers have a lot of potential this season it all depends on how bad these guys want it.

We have to be able to stretch offenses out and not run the same basic plays routinely to help our line out. It looked like Gordonsville loaded the box and kept stunting from what little video clips I seen. 

If we are going to win and be what we need to be then we will have to stretch teams out and help our line by not allowing teams to load the  box and wait for # 4 to touch the ball over and over!

Edited by H2Oman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, H2Oman said:

We have to be able to stretch offenses out and not run the same basic plays routinely to help our line out. It looked like Gordonsville loaded the box and kept stunting from what little video clips I seen. 

If we are going to win and be what we need to be then we will have to stretch teams out and help our line by not allowing teams to load the  box and wait for # 4 to touch the ball over and over!

Btw Gordonsville sucks. From what I saw Friday night gordy didn’t have to stack the box to stop our run game, they did it anyways. In my opinion it’s hard to run real in depth plays when your qb is making his first real start in his career. I don’t think Cousino performed bad but they obviously didn’t even run a lot of basic plays like u said bc every other play seemed to be an RPO to me (if u consider that a basic play Or not I don’t know). Im just not sure if he was making the right reads. But like I said it’s his first start I expect him to get better and better every game. Swann will at least be back by hartsville and I hope he can contribute enough to the line to allow us to compete. If he can’t we might have a tougher year then most, including myself, thought. But We have several weapons that we need to stretch the field with but as of right now the only guys on the offense that have proved themselves is Carey and Cason. I guarantee the others will come but u can’t expect a team full of non experienced guys to come out pounding on all cylinders. I was disappointed with the game as well but Give it time they have the talent, and the coaching. Well see what And who we got to work with Friday but if we don’t fill in some holes and do the little things it might be a hard one to watch. 

Edited by takeittothebank23
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, takeittothebank23 said:

Btw Gordonsville sucks. From what I saw Friday night gordy didn’t have to stack the box to stop our run game, they did it anyways. In my opinion it’s hard to run real in depth plays when your qb is making his first real start in his career. I don’t think Cousino performed bad but they obviously didn’t even run a lot of basic plays like u said bc every other play seemed to be an RPO to me (if u consider that a basic play Or not I don’t know). Im just not sure if he was making the right reads. But like I said it’s his first start I expect him to get better and better every game. Swann will at least be back by hartsville and I hope he can contribute enough to the line to allow us to compete. If he can’t we might have a tougher year then most, including myself, thought. But We have several weapons that we need to stretch the field with but as of right now the only guys on the offense that have proved themselves is Carey and Cason. I guarantee the others will come but u can’t expect a team full of non experienced guys to come out pounding on cylinders. I was disappointed with the game as well but Give it time they have the talent, and the coaching. Well see what And who we got to work with Friday but if we don’t fill in some holes and do the little things it might be a hard one to watch. 

That was hard to read.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:07 AM, takeittothebank23 said:

Btw Gordonsville sucks. From what I saw Friday night gordy didn’t have to stack the box to stop our run game, they did it anyways. In my opinion it’s hard to run real in depth plays when your qb is making his first real start in his career. I don’t think Cousino performed bad but they obviously didn’t even run a lot of basic plays like u said bc every other play seemed to be an RPO to me (if u consider that a basic play Or not I don’t know). Im just not sure if he was making the right reads. But like I said it’s his first start I expect him to get better and better every game. Swann will at least be back by hartsville and I hope he can contribute enough to the line to allow us to compete. If he can’t we might have a tougher year then most, including myself, thought. But We have several weapons that we need to stretch the field with but as of right now the only guys on the offense that have proved themselves is Carey and Cason. I guarantee the others will come but u can’t expect a team full of non experienced guys to come out pounding on all cylinders. I was disappointed with the game as well but Give it time they have the talent, and the coaching. Well see what And who we got to work with Friday but if we don’t fill in some holes and do the little things it might be a hard one to watch. 

All good points.  Line play must be better and team penalties must not be a factor for this to be a game.  There is a reason only two have proven themselves.  Other tools have got to be used to make this offense work against legit teams.  Take that to the bank.  Offensive game plan is lacking so far.