McNairy at Westview

On 8/31/2019 at 9:11 PM, Wavo2004 said:

The offense can be slowed down I've seen it a couple time while McConnell  was in Waverly. It's hard to do but the Camden game he was talking about was against a freshman qb in his 1st ever varsity game most of the play makers on that team were freshman still.learning the system. But defense if u can run the ball to the outside  it's always open. Or jus pound it right up the middle . His def cord went with him and doesn't make adjustments . But u have to to be able to put up 30 plus jus to be in the game. Watch the Forrest game last year they slowed us down better than anyone last year

We all knew they would be better offensively but some of us are waiting to see how much they have improved on defense. They couldnt stop the top 4 teams last year. They had no answer for our RB last year, he went for 225 on 15 carries and he is back this year. We also can throw as our QB and TE have college interest and we have two WRs step up that have play making ability. Our offense is better this year than last year. I believe they will be competitive against the top 4 teams but unless their defense has gotten a lot better, I still think they get outscored by all 4 teams this year.

2 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

We all knew they would be better offensively but some of us are waiting to see how much they have improved on defense. They couldnt stop the top 4 teams last year. They had no answer for our RB last year, he went for 225 on 15 carries and he is back this year. We also can throw as our QB and TE have college interest and we have two WRs step up that have play making ability. Our offense is better this year than last year. I believe they will be competitive against the top 4 teams but unless their defense has gotten a lot better, I still think they get outscored by all 4 teams this year.

When he was in Waverly r def  was always the problem outside if the 2016 team that def  was lights  out. 

On 8/31/2019 at 8:44 PM, tradertwo said:

That was my point. The games mentioned would serve well to study and see what the LB's and DB's key on. Stroup told me that it was pretty simple once you figured it out schematically, then you just have to match up athletically and tackle well... sounds easy enough, right?

yep..lots of stuff sounds easy.

That was my point. The games mentioned would serve well to study and see what the LB's and DB's key on. Stroup told me that it was pretty simple once you figured it out schematically, then you just have to match up athletically and tackle well... sounds easy enough, right?

So, would you say the ex McNairy assistant Stroup got a call from the McNairy coaches this week? Lol 

25 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

So, would you say the ex McNairy assistant Stroup got a call from the McNairy coaches this week? Lol 

If they're smart, I'd say that they did. They were bigger, stronger, faster, and all around just more athletic... their ball carriers made a couple of cuts that our LB's couldn't match in the mud (monsoon rainstorm) for long TD runs, or they might not have gotten into the end zone. Their offense had been scoring in the 50's and 60's frequently that season... I'd say that Stroup found something in all that film.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:39 PM, Trollin said:

Westview will score 35-49 points. If not more. The question is can McNairy score that many points or more to win. I say no. 

Correct.... I would say by season's end, Westview will be averaging in the upper 30's.... lower 40's if their season goes perfect. People are simply going to have to outscore them. If a team holds that offense to below 30, I'll be impressed.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:34 PM, Beagle said:

Camden held them to 21 points in McConnells 2nd year at wavo  Coach Wolfe had a great game plan that week  our Secondary were all  second year starters and seniors . Fairview had some  good games vs as well not sure on the point totals in the Fairveiw games.   It can be done but it wont be easy

Fairview held us to 7 points in 2014. The lowest of the McConnell run at Waverly. Second lowest was Scott’s Hill in 2016 with 20. 

McConnell average score per game over 5 years at Waverly was 43 points. Pretty good average HUH? 

2017 they averaged 51 per game for the season. Pretty good HUH?

1 first round exit 

1 second round exit 

1 quarterfinal exit 

2 semifinals exit 

Anybody that plays his teams are going to have their hands full.