AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 2 2019

Southtowner

20 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well we own that name!Southtowner was at our game and said we were below average and the other ones who where there pretty much said the same.I have no idea why a 2 loss team is even in the poll.We arent a threat anymore.SP,Hunt,and LC are heads above all us others.

You sound like Lou Holtz with the poor mouth coach talk, underdogs :roflol:

EVERYBODY including you knows the storms a comin' you done said in another thread your boys have been working on their fastness drills and they're almost finished learning how to knock holes for their runners to run through. Any team that can hang with Meigs with a pass game only will roll when that run starts clicking. Underdogs, HA! Sell your snake oil elsewhere sir, we ain't buyin' :popcorneater:

33 minutes ago, crow said:

You sound like Lou Holtz with the poor mouth coach talk, underdogs :roflol:

EVERYBODY including you knows the storms a comin' you done said in another thread your boys have been working on their fastness drills and they're almost finished learning how to knock holes for their runners to run through. Any team that can hang with Meigs with a pass game only will roll when that run starts clicking. Underdogs, HA! Sell your snake oil elsewhere sir, we ain't buyin' :popcorneater:

You dont like me anymore?That was really mean!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I was choking on some popcorn when I posted that.  I thought it was my last post ever!  So I was wanting to go down swinging.

I did say later in the topic after a big swig of water and the popcorn finally came dislodged, yall have an excellent team and  were going toe to toe with a 65 man 2A roster.  You failed to mention that. 

:popcorneater:

Now how can we go from one to the other between a bite and a swaller?I think you just pulled an Ambassador.Trying to make everyone think we are gooder than what we are!

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

http://www.news-herald.net/sports/greenback-fights-in-loss-to-meigs-county/article_3a2781d6-0d8f-5003-a4f5-585f36126c0c.html

Excerpt:

“I feel like the mindset was different,” Willis said. “In the locker room and on the bus ride, you could feel a totally different atmosphere from the players. From the Loudon game, they were nervous. With six new guys from different schools not used to Greenback and the first game of a rivalry against Loudon, that’s tough for them. ... That’s adversity and every football player goes through it. We’ve just got to figure out a way to get through it and win.”

That’s a lot different than what ole pot stirrer said. Thanks for posting, that way everyone can get the true meaning not someone else opinion.   

21 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

That’s a lot different than what ole pot stirrer said. Thanks for posting, that way everyone can get the true meaning not someone else opinion.   

LOPAO, Old Pirate says Gbnation is spewing a HEEP of mess! “Different” Really...................... OP was merely Generalizing previous article read. Figure the point the same! Figure fellers knowds more all the time of the orchestration. That Ryan man even stated in article after losing 16 senior starters, “What we going to do?”  OP agrees there are several SOS around GB. BTW, fer you youngons, Snake Oil Salesman . Yep, Recon So......

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

LOPAO, Old Pirate says Gbnation is spewing a HEEP of mess! “Different” Really...................... OP was merely Generalizing previous article read. Figure the point the same! Figure fellers knowds more all the time of the orchestration. That Ryan man even stated in article after losing 16 senior starters, “What we going to do?”  OP agrees there are several SOS around GB. BTW, fer you youngons, Snake Oil Salesman . Yep, Recon So......

Yes really you made it sound like something completely different. 

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Now you're talking my language. Back in the day the genius won 9 crappie USA qualifying tournaments. 5 on Ky Lake 1 on Pickwick and 3 on Weiss Lake. Ronnie Capps couldn't take a deep breath till I weighed in!

I like fishing! I like  eating them about the same lol. 

Edited by Gbnation

56 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

http://www.news-herald.net/sports/cherokees-set-sights-on-state-title/article ab74c020-07e2-57e7-ae52-8275d166a0f0

I wouldnt expect them to do anything other wise.Thats our goal every year just like YOUR coach said in his interview and he will be VERY surprised if he isnt there.27 to 29 kid rotation (per him) a veteran team thats ready (per him).We just hope to make the semis and try our luck against your 59 player roster thats as deep as a 3A school.Sheeeewww steep hills to climb from any team playing you all.

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

http://www.news-herald.net/sports/cherokees-set-sights-on-state-title/article ab74c020-07e2-57e7-ae52-8275d166a0f0

http://www.news-herald.net/sports/cherokees-set-sights-on-state-title/article_ab74c020-07e2-57e7-ae52-8275d166a0f0.html

Excerpt: 

Greg Ryan knew he had to fix his gaze on the 2019 season.

He admits it was not an easy task, especially knowing he would be losing 16 seniors — arguably the most successful senior class in school history...

...but then after about two weeks, you do start thinking about the next season and what you’ve got coming back. You’ve eventually got to move on to the next season.

When you lose 16 seniors ... sometimes you lose 16 seniors, that don’t sound like a lot, but all 16 seniors were major contributors,” he added. “Then, it’s basically just thinking about filling those holes and questioning, ‘What are we going to do?’”

Ryan’s questions were soon answered when Greenback received an influx of experienced players from several area high schools, including Maryville, William Blount and Tellico Plains.

“Honestly, it looked a little bit dim,” he said. “You get some of the guys that end up moving in here and transferring for us, and the outlook totally changed a few months later.”

Quarterback was one of the biggest questions coming into the season, following the graduation of Bryce Hanley, a two-time All-State quarterback and 2018 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Class 1A winner.

That question lingered into summer before Ryan received good news in June about adding Maryville High School transfer Braden Carnes.

William Blount transfer Wyatt Rutgerson has breakaway speed and Tellico Plains transfer Josiah Millsaps will be featured as a fullback due to his size.

The Cherokees received another William Blount transfer in Blake Fields, who will compliment Willis with his 6-foot-2-inch, 175-pound frame...

etc etc etc...