Moffey-uh vs. Gunes

STARSNBARS

20 minutes ago, strongx said:

I hate to hear about any injuries, especially this week. This is a BIG game for all those involved. The loser can still win a state title but won’t be Blount county champs. Back in my day, alot of the players from both teams were friends. #bragginrights

i like the game a little later in the season when it’s cooler. Maybe the last week could be worked out?  The two weeks after are usually cakewalks for both of these teams. 

It should be a great game!

Agreed!!!!

Just now, Red Rebels said:

It was a really good video, I was just happy I knew one of the stars! I'd be happy too! 

The did a good job with it. I was happy for our kids. I certainly wasn't a star. LOL.  Some adults, I thought said and did some things that were inappropriate and unacceptable.  Glad they didn't make it on film.

20 minutes ago, strongx said:

I hate to hear about any injuries, especially this week. This is a BIG game for all those involved. The loser can still win a state title but won’t be Blount county champs. Back in my day, alot of the players from both teams were friends. #bragginrights

i like the game a little later in the season when it’s cooler. Maybe the last week could be worked out?  The two weeks after are usually cakewalks for both of these teams. 

It should be a great game!

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

Agreed!!!!

For years it was the fifth game, which would probably fall about where the sixth game is now. 

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

First thing my son asked after he found out how serious the injury was, " Will I be able to play in the Maryville game?" That was what he cared about. These are the games you remember the rest of your life. Rival schools, lifelong friends and neighbors on the other team, battling side by side with your brothers after four years of hard work to put it all on the line for THIS game. as a dad I hurt for him, but he's handling it like a man.

He's doing anything he can to help his team prepare for the game. Since he can't be on the field, I hope he gets to experience the joy of his brothers winning this game his Sr yr because it means so much and both programs are so great. These  are the moments that you live for as a player.

I’m really sorry your son’s gonna miss this Game  , I hate that he’s gonna miss this Game his senior year ! I’ll be praying he heals up very quickly, good luck to the Naders , ought to be another Great Game!

Something strange happened today on my bi-weekly 10K run on the Greenway in Alcoa. The most grueling part of my run is at the 4K point when I attempt the brutal climb up to what I call, “Tornado Knoll” the parking lot above Goddard Field.  By the way, it is the most incredible panoramic view of the Smoky Mountains.  Breathtaking figuratively and literally, if you’re attempting to reach the summit.

As I was passing the field, I hear this windswept fluttering sound, I turned to see it was all those Alcoa championship banners flapping in the breeze. The thing that disturbed me, as a Rebel fan, was that the wind was blowing strong to the Southwest toward Maryville.  The Tornadoes have me worried about my Rebels.  Tornadoes may just have too many weapons to stop.

I did make it to the summit without having a heart attack, so I am thankful for that, but I just don’t know about this one. I fear Alcoa will able to run on us, that will fall right into the Rankin playbook.  As I descended, I am not sure if that wind was an omen of things to come,  All I know for sure, is that there is a lot of hot air blowing around up there!

Edited by oldhick76