Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

15 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Please explain the defense comment.

I thought the D played well against Hardin Valley, got left on the field TOO TOO TOO long at DB and showed improvement against Campbell County. I was really happy to see some new players get playing time and doing a good job.

Oh, about being worried in general, I think most of us are. We have some very tough games coming up starting with Farragut in which if we don't play our best it could get ugly. I just know we will play our best and put up a mighty Wildcat fight.

Hardin valley isn’t a good football team.. I think they haven’t won since they beat oak ridge! Also against harden valley the QB(who isn’t good) missed wide open receivers all game long. CC if you go watch the film missed on deep balls numerous times! These guys be wide open! I don’t think Farragut will miss that’s what I mean. If Farragut scores like dB on us don’t be surprised.

• Sad 1

We should have won last years game.  We dropped 2 td passes right in the hands (to the same player who quit the team the next day) and overthrew a wide open receiver in the end zone on a third one.  We left 21 points on the field. Should of had that one last year.  Still upset about letting that one get away. Lol

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

We should have won last years game.  We dropped 2 td passes right in the hands (to the same player who quit the team the next day) and overthrew a wide open receiver in the end zone on a third one.  We left 21 points on the field. Should of had that one last year.  Still upset about letting that one get away. Lol

I remember the two wide open drops. I don't remember the overthrow but the game itself made me sick.

18 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Hardin valley isn’t a good football team.. I think they haven’t won since they beat oak ridge! Also against harden valley the QB(who isn’t good) missed wide open receivers all game long. CC if you go watch the film missed on deep balls numerous times! These guys be wide open! I don’t think Farragut will miss that’s what I mean. If Farragut scores like dB on us don’t be surprised.

You're right about HVA. That's one that OR should've gotten. DB just beat OR and was the better team.

3 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I remember the two wide open drops. I don't remember the overthrow but the game itself made me sick.

It was right before the half in the North end zone.  It was a throwback type play.  Herbert rolled right, Kyreese leaked out to the back left corner of the endzone.  He was all alone and Herbert sailed it over his head.  Great play design we just missed it.  And then we missed a 20 yd gimme field goal going into the half.  Just left too many points on the field that night.  

Edited by oridgecat

On 9/8/2019 at 2:53 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge is back home playing their third tough Class 6-A opponent . The Farragut Admirals, coming off a bye week in which they beat Idle High in Beer Pong is rested and ready. The season started in exciting fashion with a come from behind 37 - 30 road victory over a good Bradley Central team. The Ads then stumbled and lost 24 - 13 to Knoxville West. West is one of many Knoxville area 5-A teams that could make it to state.

The Wildcats looked anemic in their first two game loses. However, OR sprang to life last Friday to defeat Campbell County 40 - 0. Stellar play was put in by # 14, # 20, # 44 and a pack of Cats who were getting their first significant playing time. Hopefully, the coaches continue to mix in new plays, new schemes and players.

This is going to be a very tough game for both teams. Let the discussion begin....

Farragut wins this one.

3 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

I feel like, if the O line can do pretty well and if QB can relax and trust his teammates and the the receivers make the catches they are supposed to make, Farragut will do well. Those three things are key for us. 

You might be right, but I feel like if Farragut's defense can keep OR from scoring any points....they should be fine.  :smile:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

You might be right, but I feel like if Farragut's defense can keep OR from scoring any points....they should be fine.  :smile:

Defense can keep Farragut in the game with the right personnel on the field. #20 and #5 need more reps on defense and #1 HAS  to be on the field on crucial downs. Farragut has to start calling plays to get into a rhythm on offense. They don't have the quality of RB or the size of linemen they have been used to so they have to find a scheme that works. Farragut has one of the best QBs in East TN but the receivers are having a hard time  catching the ball. Farragut should win this game but I don't feel 100% confident about it.

As far as last years game. Oak Ridge did have some drops but if you remember momentum was greatly in Farragut's favor after a Farragut score and then Farragut got the ball back again and easily drove down the field and was about to score again when a would be TD pass hit our receiver right in the hands in the end zone and it bounced directly into the OR db's hands and he easily returned it for a pick 6. OR was rolling over until that play.

18 hours ago, hohmaster said:

Farragut wins this one.

Well, it is OFFICIAL now that 5StarPrep has spoken and made Farragut a 13 point favorite. Why is Oak Ridge even going to open up the Ship? Pack up the Cat Shack, close down the Concession Stands, do not ask Nick Orlando to report to the Press Box and just stay home and watch reruns of SpongeBob.

Just kidding. Thirteen points seems about right but I'm not right in the head. Cats will make a game of it. Prediction later this week.

Oh, here is an oldie but a goody. Anyone remember this smear on the Blue Bellies, FARRA-GUTLESS? I know of many Oak Ridge students who have had ORHS Administrators sternly tell them to stop that cheer. I was one of them on multiple occasions from the time I was a student until my late  30s. If I were at the game this Friday I'm sure I would shout out a few Farra-gutless. I can't help myself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1