Westmoreland takes on Trousdale County on the Creekbank

steelcityroller

34 minutes ago, 123EaglePride said:

Well then, I guess we can go ahead and call the Macon vs Trousdale game....

92-0.   Trousdale will 1 up what they did to Red Boiling several years back..:lol:

I would love that score but with Trousdale rule (running clock) it's almost impossible now.

8 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

All this talk of high scoring affairs reminded me of something....

Does anyone know what the most points scored by a TC team is? Who was the opponent? and what year?

As bad as I hate to say it I believe the year was like 1926.  TC beat Westmoreland 126-0 I believe.  Westmoreland only dressed a few teams in those early years.  We didn’t officially start our program until 1960 I believe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 123EaglePride said:

As bad as I hate to say it I believe the year was like 1926.  TC beat Westmoreland 126-0 I believe.  Westmoreland only dressed a few teams in those early years.  We didn’t officially start our program until 1960 I believe.

I have it as being played in 1931 but yes TC did win 126-0. Below is a section from Mr. John Oliver's "Looking Back" Article that he provides for the local paper. This particular article was published on 1-3-19 but I believe he has included this info in other articles as well. 

"We quote from a 1931 article in The Tennessean: “Trousdale County had one of the most successful football seasons in history. The team was under the direction of Eugene McIlwain… the team won eight out of nine… they amassed the huge amount of 364 points while opponents were able to score only 79 points.

“Philip Dickens, great running back, one of the state’s leading scorers, scoring 32 touchdowns and adding seventeen converts for a total of 202 points. In one game this season Dickens scored thirteen touchdowns. He was a triple threat man and the type of player that would make any team in the state.”

The game where Dickens scored 13 touchdowns was against Westmoreland and the final score was 126-0. Not mentioned in the article is that one reason Phil scored so many points is that the team was so small that there were no players to take his place and let him rest – as if he needed to!"

No Doubt Mr. Dickens was a bad dude in his time. 

Edited by BCB~MVP