Trousdale looks to swarm the ridge(Macon)

tcjacket13

38 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Reynard, these TC folk take themselves waaaaay to seriously. Like the guy that ran on the field after they got spanked by signal mountain and tackled the mascot. LOL

But that clip is epic.  I can see it on the Wide World of Sports.  The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

@MountainTroll made a gif out of the footage.  Maybe he will grace us with it once more so I don't have to dig it up.  He prolly has it in his shirt pocket.

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

But that clip is epic.  I can see it on the Wide World of Sports.  The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

@MountainTroll made a gif out of the footage.  Maybe he will grace us with it once more so I don't have to dig it up.  He prolly has it in his shirt pocket.

I loved it man. Looked like something that would happen in westmoreland back in the good ole days 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

8 hours ago, snoball5278 said:

football. is. ugly.

the best games are down right nasty.

rivalries last for and are based on generations, not a couple of years. 

players that cross lines, lines predetermined and agreed upon by all parties, are subject to ejection and suspension based on the refs discretion. same as every other rule in the book. if the refs don’t control the game that’s on them. 

to punish all based on the actions of few is draconian and closed-minded.

better yet, you want to punish them for something that never even happened?!

you want to punish these teams for something you think might could have happened maybe? 

yet again, this is an excessively physical game as well as emotional. those who have been in the heat of those moments understand that, the life time spectators can not.

the same can be said for most all sports. 

coaches came out on the field last night because they understand that.

and quite frankly, every single player behaved quite well after the game from what i witnessed.

both teams left it all on the field.

so let’s punish next years teams? ridiculous.

almost 10 years worth of players from trousdale and smith county never competed against each other because of the actions of teams they were never apart of, all so that adults with no skin in the game could signal their virtue and moral superiority and pat themselves on the back.

long standing rival college teams get into brawls every year and those series continue without blinking an eye, and rightfully so.

then there’s every baseball and hockey team since the genesis of sport.

maybe if all sports just took a couple of years off, all would be well.

maybe next week, we could just get the other team to agree that we won’t tackle or hit each other so there’s absolutely no danger of things “becoming ugly”

I understand the history of playing Macon. But it’s 2019 now things change they aren’t that heated rival of course everyone wants to beat the brains out of Macon. But at same time it’s about bringing people to game for a big gate. I think Smith Co Would be a better money maker or even a non region game against H2O when it’s time to reclassify. I don’t want to punish the kids I don’t think it would be a punishment to TC not to have Macon on the schedule. Maybe the only reason I feel this way is because of bad job of the Refs in controlling the game they let Macon get away with kicking TC players and their was certain words said toward TC players. Most of This falls on the refs for letting Macon get away with so much.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Reynard, these TC folk take themselves waaaaay to seriously. Like the guy that ran on the field after they got spanked by signal mountain and tackled the mascot. LOL

Nobody will ever plant their team flag I'm on TC field that was more about respect and having pride in your program.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

I understand the history of playing Macon. But it’s 2019 now things change they aren’t that heated rival of course everyone wants to beat the brains out of Macon. But at same time it’s about bringing people to game for a big gate. I think Smith Co Would be a better money maker or even a non region game against H2O when it’s time to reclassify. I don’t want to punish the kids I don’t think it would be a punishment to TC not to have Macon on the schedule. Maybe the only reason I feel this way is because of bad job of the Refs in controlling the game they let Macon get away with kicking TC players and their was certain words said toward TC players. Most of This falls on the refs for letting Macon get away with so much.

in our last 4 games against Macon the record is split 2-2, same as watertown. so your continued undermining of said rivalry seems to be based on your emotions rather than tangible facts.

macon is also always a booming gate, even in their worst years, they show up in mass. so again, not fact based. 

the presumption that smith would/will schedule is also a moot point. because they subscribe to the same “take my ball and go home” school of thought as you do. 

if we start dropping teams from our schedule based on ref performances, well, I’m not even going to take the time to explain the obvious outcome of that situation. though I probably should...

as far as the rest goes: we won the game, we won the fight and instead of behaving like a victor, you’re acting like a victim.

and that’s the part I can’t abide.

16 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

in our last 4 games against Macon the record is split 2-2, same as watertown. so your continued undermining of said rivalry seems to be based on your emotions rather than tangible facts.

macon is also always a booming gate, even in their worst years, they show up in mass. so again, not fact based. 

the presumption that smith would/will schedule is also a moot point. because they subscribe to the same “take my ball and go home” school of thought as you do. 

if we start dropping teams from our schedule based on ref performances, well, I’m not even going to take the time to explain the obvious outcome of that situation. though I probably should...

as far as the rest goes: we won the game, we won the fight and instead of behaving like a victor, you’re acting like a victim.

Great post! I respect folks with thick skin. Reynards bunch is too skeered to play TC. I think to be the best you have to beat the best. We have a thursday night dinner for our players. I usually get to say the blessings and add a few words. This Thursday i told them how it was an honor to get to play a possible state championship caliber team to see what you need to work on to get to that level. Alot of teams dont get to even play one of those type teams. Never knew they had so many fans with such thin skin though. LOL

31 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

The victim of this game doesn't affect me in a negative or positive way. I would rather see a better team on the schedule than Macon. I rather play a team and form a new rival than playing the same team's year in and out give me Beech or John Paul II old rivalry means nothing to me if that team doesn't make your team better. South Pitt would be a great replacement for Macon a team that can actually make it to Cookville. I only want to drop Macon. Macon won't ever be back at that level they had a great QB when they beat us when will they ever have a player like that. I feel you are just stuck in your ways I rather travel somewhere else than Macon, not a place I like to go to for anything except for a football game. Just lot more schools that would be more interesting matchups than backwoods Macon Co.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Great post! I respect folks with thick skin. Reynards bunch is too skeered to play TC. I think to be the best you have to beat the best. We have a thursday night dinner for our players. I usually get to say the blessings and add a few words. This Thursday i told them how it was an honor to get to play a possible state championship caliber team to see what you need to work on to get to that level. Alot of teams dont get to even play one of those type teams. N,ever knew they had so many fans with such thin skin though. LOL

I'm far from thin-skinned at all. Like you just state there or teams that TC could schedule to make them better. Like last year schedule help, TC makes it to championship nothing about Macon will make any team better by playing them. To me, Macon is a copy of Westmoreland team but less talent.