BRUINS HOST COLUMBIA ACADEMY

tradertwo

17 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I would love to have a weekly civil discussion about USJ, but it always devolves into a dogpile about anything but football. I haven't had a chance to look at film and I don't know much specifically about Columbia Academy other than being a solid program that graduated a lot of talent last year, now in their first year of DII. I also believe their poor record to date is misleading and they will bring the fight to west TN this weekend. USJ stands undefeated but will need to clean up mental mistakes and improve ball security to remain that way in coming weeks. I suspect ColA will be our toughest test to date and Homecoming week will provide a number of distractions. Schedule only toughens next week with NCS, but the Bruins need to avoid a letdown after a big rivalry game last Friday down the road at JCS. USJ has stayed fairly healthy after a rash of early injuries and QB decision-making continues to improve.

I think I'll have my nightly caviar snack now and have the butler turn down my 1200 thread-count sheets. I bid you good day, sirs. We'll see if this thread gets legs.

Thanks! Didn't intend to be so harsh (maybe), but Coach Stroup and myself are friends... when he came to USJ I became a Bruin fan de facto, and to "keep up" without distracting him during season is tough when there's literally no mention of schedule nor game information on here.

By the way, CA is indeed down from the past two seasons. They were a tough out in the playoffs, and played a bruising style of offense and defense. They just may have represented the West in Cookeville if their QB hadn't gone down before the playoffs, but we'll never know. Just how much they lost is hard to gauge from their schedule, but I think that you'll be able to handle them.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Thanks! Didn't intend to be so harsh (maybe), but Coach Stroup and myself are friends... when he came to USJ I became a Bruin fan de facto, and to "keep up" without distracting him during season is tough when there's literally no mention of schedule nor game information on here.

By the way, CA is indeed down from the past two seasons. They were a tough out in the playoffs, and played a bruising style of offense and defense. They just may have represented the West in Cookeville if their QB hadn't gone down before the playoffs, but we'll never know. Just how much they lost is hard to gauge from their schedule, but I think that you'll be able to handle them.

No. They are the toughest 0-4 team around. Gonna be their toughest completion so far. 

Edited by BigEdMo

20 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Let me check out this thread about my Bruins....

giphy.gif

The above post by yourself seems to indicate that you believe posters are thrashing the usj team in this thread. That is simply not the case. We were making fun of the usj posters on Coach T for not starting a thread about their game. Nothing more nothing less. Now, if you want to talk about the game I would say that I disagree with your premise that Columbia Academy will be your toughest test to date. Columbia Academy is O and 4 for a reason. They graduate a huge senior class and are struggling to rebuild to what they have had over the last couple of years. Through their first four games they're only averaging at 9 points per game while giving up almost 33 points per game. While usj, including the three-point victory over TCA, is scoring 32 points per ball game while giving up and just over 10 points a game. Every bit of logic and analyzing the numbers would indicate a pretty easy win for usj against Columbia Academy. Columbia Academy is simply way down over the previous couple of years. I think usj wins somewhere along the lines of 49 to 14. Give or take a touchdown either way depending on some certain factors. I do believe saying that Columbia Academy will be your toughest opponent to date is a slap in the face to your previous opponents. You need to be wary because statements like that could come back to bite you in the next couple of years or so. Personally I think that usj really needs to focus on games 6 through 9 on their schedule. That will be a murderer's row for you folks on McClellan Road. While probably not likely, it is possible and conceivable that usj could go 0 & 4 through that stretch. I would be very afraid of those games if I were you. And don't worry, us redneck sweater vester's will be watching.

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Thank you for a little constructive input about CA (A breath of fresh air after yet another thread that doesn't involve them is hijacked by the keyboard warrior TCA trolls, adding nothing but snide remarks, odd inside jokes, and underhanded compliments at best). A bruising ground attack will definitely be a new challenge for the Bruins. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bellsburg2 said:

Thank you for a little constructive input about CA (A breath of fresh air after yet another thread that doesn't involve them is hijacked by the keyboard warrior TCA trolls, adding nothing but snide remarks, odd inside jokes, and underhanded compliments at best). A bruising ground attack will definitely be a new challenge for the Bruins. 

That was last year... I have no knowledge of what they do this season, just all that I could contribute to the conversation. I find it hard to believe that they would lose so much in one graduation cycle that they would be a "bad" team. The only weakness last years team had was lack of a passing attack, and that was there before they lost the QB.

Edited by tradertwo

50 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

Intense

Fayette Academy is by far the best team TCA has played this year

That was after TCA had played Fayette Academy.  Bellsburg’s comment is before you have played CA.  After you play CA and you make that comment then it’s a fair and objective comment.  At this point it’s speculative. 

Edited by Intense

8 minutes ago, Intense said:

That was after TCA had played Fayette Academy.  Bellsburg’s comment is before you have played CA.  After you play CA and you make that comment then it’s a fair and objective comment.  At this point it’s speculative. 

He said I “suspect “ CA will be the toughest test. So yes it was intended to be speculative. The toughest game is always the next one. 

2 minutes ago, USJalum88 said:

He said I “suspect “ CA will be the toughest test. So yes it was intended to be speculative. The toughest game is always the next one. 

That’s a fair statement.  I went back and read his comment again and yes he did say “suspect” so no argument there.  I have seen FA and USJ play so I stand by my comment that FA is the best team TCA has played including South Gibson.  If USJ beats FA then I stand corrected. That game will be a great D2 football game.  I “suspect” both teams will be in the Final Four at the end of the season!

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

No. They are the toughest 0-4 team around. Gonna be their toughest completion so far. 

This is why USJ guys don't want to open a thread.  Everything said is either taken out of context or someone is making a joke out of the statement.   Bellsburg2 never said that CA will be our toughest competition so far.  He said "I suspect ColA will be our toughest test to date."  I agree with that statement. 2 of the last 3 weeks have been against our rivals.  Easy to get teenage kids up for those type games.  A lot harder to get kids up for a 0-4 game that is also being played on Homecoming. Col Acad probably is " the toughest 0-4 team around."  They have lost to 4A (4-1) team, 5A (3-1) team and 2 D2 teams.  Your partner, Reitzfan,  thinks the two D2 teams that beat Col Acad will to be tough games for USJ.  I agree with his statement.  I also believe Bellsburg2 statement is accurate.  

Edited by GTfanTN

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

The above post by yourself seems to indicate that you believe posters are thrashing the usj team in this thread. That is simply not the case. We were making fun of the usj posters on Coach T for not starting a thread about their game. Nothing more nothing less. Now, if you want to talk about the game I would say that I disagree with your premise that Columbia Academy will be your toughest test to date. Columbia Academy is O and 4 for a reason. They graduate a huge senior class and are struggling to rebuild to what they have had over the last couple of years. Through their first four games they're only averaging at 9 points per game while giving up almost 33 points per game. While usj, including the three-point victory over TCA, is scoring 32 points per ball game while giving up and just over 10 points a game. Every bit of logic and analyzing the numbers would indicate a pretty easy win for usj against Columbia Academy. Columbia Academy is simply way down over the previous couple of years. I think usj wins somewhere along the lines of 49 to 14. Give or take a touchdown either way depending on some certain factors. I do believe saying that Columbia Academy will be your toughest opponent to date is a slap in the face to your previous opponents. You need to be wary because statements like that could come back to bite you in the next couple of years or so. Personally I think that usj really needs to focus on games 6 through 9 on their schedule. That will be a murderer's row for you folks on McClellan Road. While probably not likely, it is possible and conceivable that usj could go 0 & 4 through that stretch. I would be very afraid of those games if I were you. And don't worry, us redneck sweater vester's will be watching.

USj needs to worry about this week before focusing on week 6-9.  Once we get this win; then we can move on to week 6 against Nashville Christian.  Game 6-8 will be a very tough stretch for us.  We most likely have to win 2 of the 3 to guarantee a bye in the 1st round of playoffs.  Week 9 is going to be against a Crockett Co team that continues to get better.  A team tries to win every time they step on the field.  It would be great to get a win but that game doesn't mean that much when looking at the big picture.  I believe a 1st round bye is our biggest goal at this point.  It would be huge since we play 10 straight weeks in the regular season without a bye week.

I disagree with your statement that "Columbia Academy is O and 4 for a reason."   I explained why in a previous post.  Numbers can be deceiving.  They lost 14-7 to a team that you said could possibly beat us.  I do agree that we should win the game by about 4 scores.   

• CoachT locked this topic