Cornersville at Fayetteville City

Jobres76

23 hours ago, Salem said:

Big game. Winner gets Huntingdon at home in the quarterfinals. Loser has to travel to Huntingdon in Round 2. 

Cornersville has beat them at both places. No worries.

Cornersville is the "and 1" in Huntingdon's home record on the magic carpet.

Edited by Jobres76

8 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

Fayetteville has been the better team this season.  How did Community beat Cornersville?  Cornersville got to play MtP after we tenderized them the week before.   Tigers by two touchdowns.

If Cornersville wins Friday night what will the excuse be? "Richland took out our quarterback" maybe?

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 9:25 PM, cornerback10 said:

The first and only known Fayetteville City CoachT member. Hopefully there are smarter ones behind you. 

As the first and more well-known Fayetteville City Coach T member and poster, I take offense to being left out.  Where's my participation trophy?  Clock is counting down to the match and City is ready.

City will be ready for this one! Even if Medlen is out for a few games, Kool Aid Clark is dangerous both on the ground and now through the air. The 40+ yard throw he made last week was a thing of beauty! Fayetteville has faced some adversity and responded when they had to. I understand Cornersville is a good team, but this one is going to be played on Tiger hill. Coach Morson will have the Tigers ready to fight hard, and it may come down to a battle of who has the best defense. In that case, and edge to the Tigers. W by 7.

18 minutes ago, GaelTider said:

City will be ready for this one! Even if Medlen is out for a few games, Kool Aid Clark is dangerous both on the ground and now through the air. The 40+ yard throw he made last week was a thing of beauty! Fayetteville has faced some adversity and responded when they had to. I understand Cornersville is a good team, but this one is going to be played on Tiger hill. Coach Morson will have the Tigers ready to fight hard, and it may come down to a battle of who has the best defense. In that case, and edge to the Tigers. W by 7.

Allow me to break this one down if I may.

1. No doubt City will be ready. After what they went through last season, they are a hungry bunch!

2. I hate that the starter is possibly out, but having a backup that doesn't skip a beat is special. One throw does not a QB make though. 

3. I have noticed that City is a 2nd half team. Not sure what is said during halftime, but whatever it is, it must be good.

4. Whether it is played on Tiger hill, Frog bottom, Lake County, Huntingdon, or in Cookeville, Cornersville faithful show up and show out and treat road games as home games. The visiting side line will be loud, so be ready. 

5. Fighting hard is one thing, fighting is another. Both teams need to keep it clean on the field and don't let emotions take over.

6. Rest assured, this is not the same defense that began the year. The defense you will see Friday is more mature and more cohesive.

This will be a game as it usually is!

12 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Fayetteville is finesse and speed

Cornersville is smashmouth. 

Somehow, Community beat the Bulldogs at Frog Bottom, but C'ville is rollin since, minus the Eaglevlle result. I'm gonna go with the smashmouth team every time.  This aint Mt Pleasant. 

C'Ville- 28

F'ville- 20  

Appreciate it General! I see that Southtowner has Eagleville in a tie for 10th in 2A, so that makes me feel a little better. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Fayetteville is finesse and speed

Cornersville is smashmouth. 

Somehow, Community beat the Bulldogs at Frog Bottom, but C'ville is rollin since, minus the Eaglevlle result. I'm gonna go with the smashmouth team every time.  This aint Mt Pleasant. 

C'Ville- 28

F'ville- 20  

I'll take speed. Reverse that score

4 minutes ago, ecu said:

I'll take speed. Reverse that score

After seeing cornersville style up close and personal two years in a row, I gotta say their recipe works. Getting hit in the face tends to slow some folks down. Cornersville finding their stride makes me excited for the playoffs. Even if it does mean we'll be making the trip all the way over there in November. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

After seeing cornersville style up close and personal two years in a row, I gotta say their recipe works. Getting hit in the face tends to slow some folks down. Cornersville finding their stride makes me excited for the playoffs. Even if it does mean we'll be making the trip all the way over there in November. 

Much respect. Hope we get to see it again.

I will say, that as a casual fan, that Cornersville has faced teams the last couple of weeks that have really liked throwing the ball down the field as well as the short routes.  I feel that this will only benefit them this week against a team, as I am hearing, that likes to throw the ball.  I feel that Randolph will have his players ready.  But with that said, good luck to both teams, more for the Bulldogs of course, and here's to an injury free game for both as well.

• Like 1