Cornersville at Fayetteville City

Jobres76

23 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

You guys have a nice facility over there too. Huntingdon does have a very nice place. Being part of the radio crew, I really couldn't complain because we had our own press box. The only complaint I could have would be the distance to the bathrooms and concession stand.

LVAO! The very least we can do is share space in our press box.  Not unlike our neighbors 16 minutes away that said their box was full and our radio guys had to do the remote from the stands.  OR, 4 or 5 years ago, they told our radio guys they couldn't turn the lights on and had to read rosters with their telephone lights!  Ahh, good times.

1 hour ago, Varo said:

We are hungry, and don't want to share the plate w/ Cornersville.  After two years of facing an incredible team and losing decisively, we have all the weapons to stop that streak.

We have three very capable QB's, all of whom were at practice on Monday.  C'ville will have to scheme for each one.  

We have been successful in the second half, keeping most opponents to low scores in the first, then with the coach's adjustments, turn things around and on.

Cornersville (and Marshall county) fans do travel well.  Should be much more fun than the 50-75 or so Richland faithful that made the trip to Tiger Hill last week, but, I guess it was just so far of a drive for them.

It will be an emotional game to be sure, but the Tigers emphasize sportsmanship above all.  We don't storm an opponent's field after a win.  We don't step/punch an opponent in the groin, or twist their legs/knees at the bottom of a pile (unlike a recent opponent).

This is not the same team as we have fielded the past two years.  More talent and want-to from the top down.

This WILL be a game!

More than Brandon Moore and his squad back in 17’?

1 minute ago, 93grad said:

Without a doubt!  Much better team all the way around.

agree.  Brandon and Co. were special, This team is showing more leadership on the field and when one piece is missing, there are others filling the gaps w/o a drop in talent or effort.  It helps that Coach Morson has been able to keep high roster numbers (for us) even with injuries to starters early in the season.   

2 hours ago, Varo said:

Then i'm sure ya'll Mustang fans won't mind driving the extra 30 minutes to find Tiger Hill.  BTW, it's in Fayetteville.  At Fayetteville High School.  1800 Wilson Pkwy., Fayetteville, TN   37334  

We'll turn the lights on for ya! Won't be as fancy as your new football stadium, but it measures 100 yards of playing field, and we use all of it.

Mustang fans will be happy to go to either place. Cornersville's field is good with almost enough visitor bleachers. Never been to Fayetteville. All we ask is plenty of visitor bleachers and a full concession stand. We travel very well.

1 hour ago, Varo said:

agree.  Brandon and Co. were special, This team is showing more leadership on the field and when one piece is missing, there are others filling the gaps w/o a drop in talent or effort.  It helps that Coach Morson has been able to keep high roster numbers (for us) even with injuries to starters early in the season.   

We played that team.   That's difficult to believe. 

2 hours ago, Varo said:

LVAO! The very least we can do is share space in our press box.  Not unlike our neighbors 16 minutes away that said their box was full and our radio guys had to do the remote from the stands.  OR, 4 or 5 years ago, they told our radio guys they couldn't turn the lights on and had to read rosters with their telephone lights!  Ahh, good times.

I have to ask...where was that at? I have a hunch, but just curious.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustang fans will be happy to go to either place. Cornersville's field is good with almost enough visitor bleachers. Never been to Fayetteville. All we ask is plenty of visitor bleachers and a full concession stand. We travel very well.

Don't worry too much about that.  The stands will hold lots of horses as well as the concession stand.  Have been putting out some good grub lately;  the Smoked bologna sandwich is mighty good--get it loaded.  Cheese is .50 extra though.  Burgers are good and hot, the BBQ and BBQ Nachos are FINE.  Skip the dogs--even though they're 100% Beef and very tasty, they lately make them early and wrap to get ahead of the rush.  Get them when they first come out.  Drinks and water were $1.  Get there early, like 5:30.  Our front parking lot fills up and usually the late-comers have to park on the field by the highway or in the entrance and exit driveways.  Makes for a tight escape, esp. if you add waiting to get out before you can hit 64 to I-65 and your 2 hour + drive back home.

19 minutes ago, Varo said:

Weellll, I won't name names, but their initials are Moore County

We were on the roof of the press box 2 years ago with the remnants of the hurricane that came through. Same place this year with 2 of our coaches, our film guy and theirs. It was pretty crowded up there.