Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

3 minutes ago, Turu said:

Last comment on this... I hope you feel good about yourself. I’m sure you’re a snowflake that never played. Why don’t you call Coach Fitzgerald or his QB Coach and cry about him. Better yet stand on fence and shout... I’m sure he and the other Tigers will sign something for you to keep. 

Holy sh*t people get their feelings hurt way to easily. Y'all jumped my case cause I said Meigs player was helping stretch a GB player then the other Meigs player jerked him away and said some choice words and I said it was bad sportsmanship. My god I have seen a heck of a lot worse sportsmanship than that before. One that comes to mind was a kid from SP. DJ Robinson I believe was his name. I feel like he was constantly getting in fights on the field. Young man has passed on now but that was horrible flat out horrible sportsmanship. A few years back a GB player I'm thinking silver or silvy was last name maybe made a blind side block on sp player. Uncalled for yes totally legal at the time yes. GB went on to win that game if I recall correctly.

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Being honest and being a jerk are totally different... if you really have "been around" these boards before no one would have had to explain to you that you will be called out for trashing a kid on here, and quickly. Banter is as common as grass in a pasture but singling out kids don't cut it.

So I have realized this. Guess names and numbers don't cut it unless they are doing good things.

14 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Have you done your homework for that Main Event show?   I guarantee you are representing all us skillet heads.  

I haven't done as much homework as Mike, that's a given.  I guarantee though that I will out pick him!

Seriously though, for those that have watched his show before, you know that he has to put a lot of work into it.  I still don't think you know how much that is though.  I don't even know.  But to get the information that he does on the high school level, where there are no SIDs, no dedicated websites to most, if any, teams, no media guides and basically no easy way to gather any kind of intel.  Then to put it together like he does.  To get coaches interviews, set everything up before and break it all down after a broadcast ... man, this dude really works at it.  

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah guess you can say that being behind a screen and bashing someone's kid. Your much much tougher than the rest of us. I imagine your folks are proud to still own a basement dwelling 30 year old. With Ninja like reflexes on a keyboard. Great man indeed. This has been fun btw thank you.

Sorry I said that "said kid" had bad sportsmanship from my experience seeing him. No one is tougher than anyone. May see him tomorrow helping sp kids tomorrow and if he does I will call "said kid" out for doing so.  Idk, it doesn't matter what was done is done and what was said was said. Living in folks basement is hilarious I consider myself pretty successful. If I want it I get it. We can leave that there unless you would like to PM me and we can discuss that part gutter. 

Otherwise, what does Meigs line average?

1 minute ago, RapedApe said:

Sorry I said that "said kid" had bad sportsmanship from my experience seeing him. No one is tougher than anyone. May see him tomorrow helping sp kids tomorrow and if he does I will call "said kid" out for doing so.  Idk, it doesn't matter what was done is done and what was said was said. Living in folks basement is hilarious I consider myself pretty successful. If I want it I get it. We can leave that there unless you would like to PM me and we can discuss that part gutter. 

Otherwise, what does Meigs line average?

Can discuss whatever or talk football. Id say we average 240 at a guess. Im really not as informed as one would think. considering how much I talk about them. Meigs is KiNdA S3cReTiVe.

6 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I haven't done as much homework as Mike, that's a given.  I guarantee though that I will out pick him!

Seriously though, for those that have watched his show before, you know that he has to put a lot of work into it.  I still don't think you know how much that is though.  I don't even know.  But to get the information that he does on the high school level, where there are no SIDs, no dedicated websites to most, if any, teams, no media guides and basically no easy way to gather any kind of intel.  Then to put it together like he does.  To get coaches interviews, set everything up before and break it all down after a broadcast ... man, this dude really works at it.  

My friend, I'm glad you got a small glimpse of the prep....LOL....  I spend about 30 hours a week preparing for a 2 hour show.... (That I get no pay for....)   How stupid is that....LMAO...   I still love it though.

13 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

He's got me by a couple of games right now, but that's my fault.  There has been 3 picks I've made this season by mistake!   Unfortunately if you "click" a team by accident on the big ones picks, it will not let you change it!   I've picked with my phone a couple of times and accidently picked the wrong team (two of those had under 15% of those people to pick them.  It was that obvious I didn't mean to pick it)…   Not making excuses...  Stating facts.

I've done the wrong team thing a couple of times myself.  Once it worked for the better for me. I managed to screw up a couple this week.  Picking at midnight when you have to be at work at 4 am tends to make the fingers go in all the wrong directions. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Can discuss whatever or talk football. Id say we average 240 at a guess. Im really not as informed as one would think. considering how much I talk about them. Meigs is KiNdA S3cReTiVe.

They arwbigger than that surely. Unless they wear a lot of clothes under their pads.  One thing that always worries me is a good passing team. I feel SP dbs are the weakest link. Minus our safety but he can't be everywhere at once.

8 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My friend, I'm glad you got a small glimpse of the prep....LOL....  I spend about 30 hours a week preparing for a 2 hour show.... (That I get no pay for....)   How stupid is that....LMAO...   I still love it though.

I meant to add that you don't get a dime for it.  Just for the love of it and because there are hardcore fans out here that just like to hear some good football talk. 

bud+pic.jpg

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RapedApe said:

They arwbigger than that surely. Unless they wear a lot of clothes under their pads.  One thing that always worries me is a good passing team. I feel SP dbs are the weakest link. Minus our safety but he can't be everywhere at once.

Our passing stats are kinda deceiving. I mean if we were looking to get a high completion % we would have easily gotten it with short passes and what not. We just randomly throw. But we are normally extremely good at it despite what stats were mentioned earlier. I wish you could have seen our Trousdsle game last year to know what I'm talking about. They had an outstanding defense.