Who will Challenge Powell in 5a?

keepitmoving

Powell is on a roll.  They have played a few good teams, and a few not so good teams.  I think the game of the year will be when West visits Powell after fall break.  That game should decide the region champion.  Powell looks to be getting better and better as the season goes on.  There passing attack is really unstoppable.  They go 6 deep at WR, and they all can play.  Most teams are lucky to have 1-2 good WR.   Your thoughts?

I never could understand why their coach left Powell originally to go that dump in Seymour. It may be called a new name now but it will always have Harrison-Chilhowee all over it to me. That was the worst football teams I've ever seen in my life and the field & seating there is an afterthought. Couldn't imagine what would attract him to that place. 

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell is on a roll.  They have played a few good teams, and a few not so good teams.  I think the game of the year will be when West visits Powell after fall break.  That game should decide the region champion.  Powell looks to be getting better and better as the season goes on.  There passing attack is really unstoppable.  They go 6 deep at WR, and they all can play.  Most teams are lucky to have 1-2 good WR.   Your thoughts?

Keepitmoving...

I don't live in the area anymore but I happened to be in town this weekend and caught the West vs HVA game last night. West was dominant from the first play housing the opening handoff for a Touchdown and scored on every possession they had the ball in the first half, but one I can think of. 

They were balanced on offense and the QB threw 2 passes that were perfectly thrown and caught by the receiver for TDs. The defense was its usually stout self with speed all over the field.

Their kicker impressed me by making a 47 yard fg that could have been good from 52.

Don't know much about Powell but their record but I'm sure that will be a great game....only sorry I won't be in town to see it.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I never could understand why their coach left Powell originally to go that dump in Seymour. It may be called a new name now but it will always have Harrison-Chilhowee all over it to me. That was the worst football teams I've ever seen in my life and the field & seating there is an afterthought. Couldn't imagine what would attract him to that place. 

$$$$

That and the ability to build a program his way from scratch.

Edited by osunut2

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

I'm thinking only West has a chance. South-Doyle looked good early, but after losing their starting  QB and the way the got hammered by Anderson County , I don't see them as a threat. 

And just think..Coach "Mud Flap " Matt Lowe is just getting started!:thumb:

I don't think you really understand how one dimensional South Doyle made their offense during that Anderson County game. Their backup QB has been looking just as good as Brang since that game. And rumor has it Brang will be back in time for playoffs. Bring Powell South of the River for the final game of the season and you'll see what the Cherokees are made of. That South Doyle defense is nasty this year and Elijah Young is only playing offense.

West will be a great game in a few weeks. Could even get a rematch in the quarterfinals. If they hook up with Central in the playoffs, that would be a good one as well.

Can't speak for the rest of the state but Henry County is always a contender, plus you've got Beech and Gallatin out there.

IMO, what could trip Powell up are potential rematches with West and SD.

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1