Who will Challenge Powell in 5a?

keepitmoving

18 hours ago, knoxfan28 said:

A week after their starting QB of 3 years suffered a big injury. I’ll tell you what that game plan was. Hand the ball off to Elijah Young and Anderson County loaded the box. You can’t get a backup QB ready in a week. I don’t see how someone can logically believe after watching that game that SD was running their normal offense. 

Best of luck to SD. It is just my opinion that West and Powell are better football teams this year.

58 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I have not bought into the Central campaign. I am not fully confident they are up to step with Powell and SD. Now playoffs bring more competitiveness and I am sure they would be more competitive. Who knows in High School they could surprise me. 

Understand.  There were a lot of questions on line play at the beginning of the season because they got hammered with graduation on both sides of the ball.  And they struggled early on in scrimmages there, but they have seemed to have solved those issues thus far.  Big question is depth there, which will be answered as they go down the regular season stretch and in to the playoffs.  

But that said, they are the defending state champions, they have a very good dual threat QB - which in high school football is huge, and the schedule and potential playoff bracket in regions 1/2 is favorable. 

Plus they are a very well coached football team.  But again, like Powell, they are committing a lot of penalties right now.  Teams can get away with that against lesser opponents, but once they begin seeing better teams, particularly deeper in the playoffs, those have to be minimized or they can come back to haunt in a big way.   

Until they show me otherwise they are in that group with Central, SD, Powell, and West IMO.  

Edited by HTV

31 minutes ago, HTV said:

Understand.  There were a lot of questions on line play at the beginning of the season because they got hammered with graduation on both sides of the ball.  And they struggled early on in scrimmages there, but they have seemed to have solved those issues thus far.  Big question is depth there, which will be answered as they go down the regular season stretch and in to the playoffs.  

But that said, they are the defending state champions, they have a very good dual threat QB - which in high school football is huge, and the schedule and potential playoff bracket in regions 1/2 is favorable. 

Plus they are a very well coached football team.  But again, like Powell, they are committing a lot of penalties right now.  Teams can get away with that against lesser opponents, but once they begin seeing better teams, particularly deeper in the playoffs, those have to be minimized or they can come back to haunt in a big way.   

Until they show me otherwise they are in that group with Central, SD, Powell, and West IMO.  

That does make it a bit more clear. One thing and unless I missed someone being hurt for Central or a good reason as to how in the world do they nearly get beat by a 2019 Fulton team in a game where there was almost 0 offense. I am sure I missed something, maybe Fulton was more healthy than they are or Central were less healthy then they are now. Otherwise that would be a big weakness showing of Central not to mention the areas you pointed out. I have not followed Central much so maybe I missed a key reason. 

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That does make it a bit more clear. One thing and unless I missed someone being hurt for Central or a good reason as to how in the world do they nearly get beat by a 2019 Fulton team in a game where there was almost 0 offense. I am sure I missed something, maybe Fulton was more healthy than they are or Central were less healthy then they are now. Otherwise that would be a big weakness showing of Central not to mention the areas you pointed out. I have not followed Central much so maybe I missed a key reason. 

Huge rivalry game, just never know. Even the best teams seem to have one of those games during a season. But Central found a way to win and they have rolled since. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HTV said:

Huge rivalry game, just never know. Even the best teams seem to have one of those games during a season. But Central found a way to win and they have rolled since. 

Very true, we were down 2 RBs in the Fulton game including our starter. I’m not gonna say we are up to par with all the other teams just yet, but we’re getting better every week IMO. One thing people must realize about us is our Defense. Yes Powell and SD and West are putting up big numbers offensively and have great players. But I’ll take our Defense against ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, KnoxVil said:

Not one single team in the East stacks up to Powell! Not a single one. I can’t speak for the state but nobody will get to within 14 in 5A on the east side!

Knox West Wins (Region 3-5A) 

Powell Panthers have a good/great team this year. There is no question about that. However, Karma is always around the corner. 

Powell has something that is called "FRONT RUNNER SLIDING"

Image result for matt lowe powell high school

"Talent is God-given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be thankful. Conceit is self-given; be careful". 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, HTV said:

Ya Powell def. needs to clean up the penalties.  Most of there penalties are on extended plays for holding by the line.  I believe they can correct this though.