PC battles EN

workinprogress

I was told that Pearl-Cohn won this game minus several of their key offensive standouts.  I was also told that they completely changed the offense and played more smash mouth flavor of football last Friday night.  It was a 0-0 game for the longest and then the Firebirds scored twice to win.  You cannot possibly expect this game to equate to an automatic 40 point win if the two meet again in November.  

You want proof?  What was the score last year when Pearl-Cohn beat Stratford in the regular season?  Who won the playoff game when they met again in Round Two?  

37 minutes ago, Humanraindelay said:

Two different teams and two different seasons. The rematch will be worse if the firebirds are at full strength..also you have to factor even with all the talent East has , their coaching staff evens it out.

“Their coaching staff evens it out”....no truer words written.  Aged Kobe ribeye being served on a paper plate.  EN talent = that expensive steak!

8 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I was told that Pearl-Cohn won this game minus several of their key offensive standouts.  I was also told that they completely changed the offense and played more smash mouth flavor of football last Friday night.  It was a 0-0 game for the longest and then the Firebirds scored twice to win.  You cannot possibly expect this game to equate to an automatic 40 point win if the two meet again in November.  

You want proof?  What was the score last year when Pearl-Cohn beat Stratford in the regular season?  Who won the playoff game when they met again in Round Two?  

For the first in about 12 years Pearl-Cohn finally has a defense that can win these low scoring games. So now our offense don't have to worry about scoring every single possession to win. Defense has caught up with our offense and that's a scary thing for 3A!!!

40 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

For the first in about 12 years Pearl-Cohn finally has a defense that can win these low scoring games. So now our offense don't have to worry about scoring every single possession to win. Defense has caught up with our offense and that's a scary thing for 3A!!!

Serious question. You guys were missing 4 starters on offense the other night. Did any of the four also start on defense??

20 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Haven't said anything about the playoffs yet. We still have 3 games left before we even think about that.

Here are my take aways from the game.

1.) Great atmosphere start to finish including the battle of the bands after the game.

2.) Pearl was able to run two or three formations with basic plays and was able to score. East made this a little easier because of mistakes on special teams. (Pearl I like your heavy set in wildcat)

3.) East would go single back or empty but would always look to go back side with Starling.  He is a good player with a few good catches the game on slant routes. East had some great concepts on the 3 receiver side but never used them. Id like to see Starling get mixed into some of those concepts as we get closer to the playoffs. Rub routes, crossing routes, and screens would get him the ball a little easier than his one on one match ups.

4.) Both teams have solid defenses and both showed a lot of enthusiasm on the defensive side of the ball.

Overall it was great to be back in Metro and be able to watch two teams I have a lot of history with compete. Thank you Coach Brunetti for the hospitality and Good Luck to both teams in the Playoffs.