Franklin County Coaching Search

Foolsball101

On 9/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, Foolsball101 said:

According to multiple sources Mac McCurry is GONE. "Take it to the bank" Not just fan talk anymore.

After nearly getting axed at the end of last season, 2019 will indeed be Mac's last in Franklin County.

Also heard that McCurry has already accepted a position to head back to Arkansas next year as an OC. Not as solid on that info but wouldn't doubt it.

So let me be the one to start the conversation, who is the FC Rebels head coach next season?

So now what are everyone's thoughts?

I think FC is in a tough spot being that the system doesn't pay very well.  Any quality candidate can cross the border to Alabama or go up the road to Rutherford Co. and make a considerable amount more than teaching and coaching in FC. They've done some things in recent years to try and help that situation, but it's not enough to entice a quality coach from elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I think FC is in a tough spot being that the system doesn't pay very well.  Any quality candidate can cross the border to Alabama or go up the road to Rutherford Co. and make a considerable amount more than teaching and coaching in FC. They've done some things in recent years to try and help that situation, but it's not enough to entice a quality coach from elsewhere.

Agree completely. Not to mention, dealing with probably the worst PA announcer in the state at all their home games would get old fast! The biggest annoying cheerleader-type you'll ever hear, and that's not one man's opinion...just ask the whole region and Tullahoma who they play every year.  

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree completely. Not to mention, dealing with probably the worst PA announcer in the state at all their home games would get old fast! The biggest annoying cheerleader-type you'll ever hear, and that's not one man's opinion...just ask the whole region and Tullahoma who they play every year.  

Best High School PA announcer in the state! Dedicated, selfless, and loves the Rebels. SO BACK OFF!!!

hahaha

6 hours ago, Foolsball101 said:

Best High School PA announcer in the state! Dedicated, selfless, and loves the Rebels. SO BACK OFF!!!

hahaha

If he's the best in the state, we've got big, big problems!! I've been all over this state and heard many bad ones (Hillsboro, Lewisburg, etc.) but that guy is one of the worst hands down! I can name a bunch of good ones too, so I hear the good and the bad. Dedicated, selfless, and loving the Rebels has zero to do with what kind of job he does on the PA. It's horrific! It's not personal whatsoever...I'm sure he's a good guy, and obviously he loves his community and his school, but you're not a play-by-play and/or color guy and not a cheerleader as the PA guy! He mixes in just about everything like he’s a radio broadcaster and it comes across horribly.

Edited by sportsguy22
additional comments

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

If he's the best in the state, we've got big, big problems!! I've been all over this state and heard many bad ones (Hillsboro, Lewisburg, etc.) but that guy is one of the worst hands down! I can name a bunch of good ones too, so I hear the good and the bad. Dedicated, selfless, and loving the Rebels has zero to do with what kind of job he does on the PA. It's horrific! It's not personal whatsoever...I'm sure he's a good guy, and obviously he loves his community and his school, but you're not a play-by-play and/or color guy and not a cheerleader as the PA guy! He's mixes in just about everything and it comes across horribly.

He is great! 

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If he's the best in the state, we've got big, big problems!! I've been all over this state and heard many bad ones (Hillsboro, Lewisburg, etc.) but that guy is one of the worst hands down! I can name a bunch of good ones too, so I hear the good and the bad. Dedicated, selfless, and loving the Rebels has zero to do with what kind of job he does on the PA. It's horrific! It's not personal whatsoever...I'm sure he's a good guy, and obviously he loves his community and his school, but you're not a play-by-play and/or color guy and not a cheerleader as the PA guy! He's mixes in just about everything and it comes across horribly.

You should go to the Chapel Hill tractor pull...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

If he's the best in the state, we've got big, big problems!! I've been all over this state and heard many bad ones (Hillsboro, Lewisburg, etc.) but that guy is one of the worst hands down! I can name a bunch of good ones too, so I hear the good and the bad. Dedicated, selfless, and loving the Rebels has zero to do with what kind of job he does on the PA. It's horrific! It's not personal whatsoever...I'm sure he's a good guy, and obviously he loves his community and his school, but you're not a play-by-play and/or color guy and not a cheerleader as the PA guy! He mixes in just about everything like he’s a radio broadcaster and it comes across horribly.

The Lewisburg announcer left after last season. FYI

On 12/3/2019 at 8:29 AM, sportsguy22 said:

Been in and around the program for many years and several coaching staffs and have NEVER heard anyone, either in public or private, complain about the PA announcer! 

Not sure what that would have to do with a current coaching search anyways? 

Edited by REBELFAN70
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, REBELFAN70 said:

Been in and around the program for many years and several coaching staffs and have NEVER heard anyone, either in public or private, complain about the PA announcer! 

Not sure what that would have to do with a current coaching service anyways? 

It was a joke having to do with the coach of course. But, yes, that PA guy has a bad reputation. He just is one big cheerleader and mixes in color commentary as the PA guy. It is bad.