MEDIA COVERAGE OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

GeneralForrest

I guess our neck of the woods is different Peabody is on 2 major sports radio networks very regular and is covered by wwbj ABC out of jackson every friday night with other local squads heck we and alot of other round here  habe pro done live feeds of games with pro play by play ! Our part of West Tn is very well covered but apparently we are the exception amd not the rule?!

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I guess our neck of the woods is different Peabody is on 2 major sports radio networks very regular and is covered by wwbj ABC out of jackson every friday night with other local squads heck we and alot of other round here  habe pro done live feeds of games with pro play by play ! Our part of West Tn is very well covered but apparently we are the exception amd not the rule?!

What two major Radio Networks cover Peabody on a regular basis?

WBBJ will show up and tape some highlights and your games are video streamed.

I'm not trying to be disrespecful. Teams in our part of the state are fortunate to have many radio stations covering teams as well as several schools, such as Peabody, who have video streaming. WBBJ does a good job with a very small staff. Sadly,  we don't have good print coverage anymore with The Jackson Sun tanking on coverage with a 6pm deadline. Just don't make it out to be more than it is with the major network radio stuff. Fox radio and ESPN are not sending their staffs out on Friday nights to our neck of the woods.

Edited by ReitzFan

39 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

What two major Radio Networks cover Peabody on a regular basis?

WBBJ will show up and tape some highlights and your games are video streamed.

I'm not trying to be disrespecful. Teams in our part of the state are fortunate to have many radio stations covering teams as well as several schools, such as Peabody, who have video streaming. WBBJ does a good job with a very small staff. Sadly,  we don't have good print coverage anymore with The Jackson Sun tanking on coverage with a 6pm deadline. Just don't make it out to be more than it is with the major network radio stuff. Fox radio and ESPN are not sending their staffs out on Friday nights to our neck of the woods.

Victory 93.7 and wnws new talk 101.5 every friday night and saturday.

4 minutes ago, Waker said:

101.5 does a great job. Alex Northcut and crew do a heck of a job on WBBJ getting out and back in by the 10 o’clock show. 96.5 espn covers everyone.

93.7 interviews lots of local coaches they had coach Jacobs and Pettigrew on before opening season game !! 101.5 does very extensive in depth shows on alot of highschool ball !!!! And I really enjoy the 5th quarter on WBBJ

Edited by PeabodyPride

94.3FM WJJM and 92.5 FM/1490 AM in Marshall county/Lewisburg covers all three county teams. 4A Marshall, 2A Forrest, and 1A Cornersville. Marshall also broadcasts games on the NFHS network through WJJM. We talk with all three coaches and select players every Tuesday night during the season and post season. Post game interviews as well. General, I know this isn't what you are talking about, but too many big time games in the Nashville area for them to worry about little ol us. Marshall did make 17 and 5 last week. 2 years ago Rudy flew down to Fayetteville for the game against Cornersville and channel 2 did a spot in '17 for the first championship run.

57 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Victory 93.7 and wnws new talk 101.5 every friday night and saturday. 

Both of those stations do a decent job along with others in West Tennessee. To call both of those stations major Radio Networks is a bit of a stretch to say the least. As I'm sure you are aware, they are both locally owned independent stations. They are not major Radio Networks. Not trying to be a jerk but I am trying to keep it real. Good luck to the tide during the rest of the season. Most definitely hope you bring home another Big Shiny Gold ball

Edited by ReitzFan

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Both of those stations do a decent job along with others in West Tennessee. To call both of those stations major Radio Networks is a bit of a stretch to say the least. As I'm sure you are aware, they are both locally owned independent stations. They are not major Radio Networks. Not trying to be a jerk but I am trying to keep it real. Good luck to the tide during the rest of the season. Most definitely hope you bring home another Big Shiny Gold ball

Thanks friend ! You are correct they are for sure local and have tons of support but arent espn ..