UC Welcomes Dyersburg to town.

Bigsw02

Well we are in unfamiliar territory. We have lost 3 in a row and need a win to help us in moving toward the post season with some momentum. The Trojans are coming to town to make sure that doesn't happen.  I thought we had a some good moments against Peabody last week and overall we did a little better than we did over the previous two weeks. We are going to need a much better performance to knock off Dyersburg. I don't know much, if anything about the Trojans. What say you?

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well we are in unfamiliar territory. We have lost 3 in a row and need a win to help us in moving toward the post season with some momentum. The Trojans are coming to town to make sure that doesn't happen.  I thought we had a some good moments against Peabody last week and overall we did a little better than we did over the previous two weeks. We are going to need a much better performance to knock off Dyersburg. I don't know much, if anything about the Trojans. What say you?

Well Swo I can tell you the Trojans are a little dinged up with some key players out. However that didn’t stop them from almost beating Haywood in Brownsville a couple of weeks ago. They are a young team with this being the first year starting for a lot of the boys but they are very talented. Last year the hig school team went 12-1, JV and freshman teams undefeated and the middle school team with 1 close loss to Paris which is always stout. The the talent that came back from last year and moved up the pipeline is really good. They have been slow out of the gate this year in games and are coming on strong in the second half. So if you can get a lead it will serve you well. My honest opinion after seeing both teams this year is that Dburg is a couple tds better. Good luck Friday. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Well Swo I can tell you the Trojans are a little dinged up with some key players out. However that didn’t stop them from almost beating Haywood in Brownsville a couple of weeks ago. They are a young team with this being the first year starting for a lot of the boys but they are very talented. Last year the hig school team went 12-1, JV and freshman teams undefeated and the middle school team with 1 close loss to Paris which is always stout. The the talent that came back from last year and moved up the pipeline is really good. They have been slow out of the gate this year in games and are coming on strong in the second half. So if you can get a lead it will serve you well. My honest opinion after seeing both teams this year is that Dburg is a couple tds better. Good luck Friday. 

Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks BPM.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:48 PM, Golddoctor said:

You better be in Upset alert while playing UC.  Strong O line.  The best we have seen this year.  Defense is not bad.  Its just Peabody is that good.  

Thanks for kind words. I had heard that D-Burg had some running backs hurt and hopefully that will give us a chance. Never know til they hit the field. Peabody is that good. Our guys even with the disappointment in a few games continue to fight and play hard. Hopefully we get back into the W column as we head into the home stretch before the playoffs.

1 hour ago, TennReb31 said:

Thanks for kind words. I had heard that D-Burg had some running backs hurt and hopefully that will give us a chance. Never know til they hit the field. Peabody is that good. Our guys even with the disappointment in a few games continue to fight and play hard. Hopefully we get back into the W column as we head into the home stretch before the playoffs.

I know this is off subject but if you guys don’t fumble against McKenzie and can defend the pass I think you will win. Qb doesn’t throw well when rushed but he has a big arm 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Just got through talking my son, who is on the UC team, and he is telling me that they are feeling pretty good about our chances Friday night. They are going to be ready to play

I think Dyersburg needs to take a note from the game you guys played against Gibson Co. the pioneers obviously made it a point to take the full back out of yalls offense. That forced the qb to either keep it or make the pitch. Several fumbles happened. Was a smart plan. The qb had butterfingers. 

40 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think Dyersburg needs to take a note from the game you guys played against Gibson Co. the pioneers obviously made it a point to take the full back out of yalls offense. That forced the qb to either keep it or make the pitch. Several fumbles happened. Was a smart plan. The qb had butterfingers. 

UC took the FB away themeselves for some reason !!?????! I get it they thought they could get the edge on GC but it did cause turnovers galore...

17 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

This game got moved up to Thursday night. Because of the rain coming in on Friday. I can on only say one thing about that. Pffft. Play the friggin game in the rain.

It’s not about the rain. It’s about the lightning. Thunderstorm are expected at game time. I remember driving all the way over to UC, just to have to come back the next night. Because of lightning.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:05 PM, PeabodyPride said:

UC took the FB away themeselves for some reason !!?????! I get it they thought they could get the edge on GC but it did cause turnovers galore...

The QB was getting hit hard and he wanted nothing to do with that thus resulting in bad pitches and fumbles... also, the center and QB were having trouble getting the snap down because our nose guard was blowing the play up before it ever got started....