Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

40 minutes ago, HCalumnia11 said:

Waverly will say the region is down only bc they are not top dog! 

Region being up or down we want to be the top dog.  If the region is down then we most certainly expect to be the top dog.  Your post is kinda weak sauce. You all are likely to own it this year. I would say we are down before I say the region is down. I don’t think we are down but rather finding ourselves with the new coaching style, plays, and leadership.  You all have shown you are the current top dog. No one else is 7-0.  Can you stay there and finish is the question?

47 minutes ago, HCalumnia11 said:

The region is definitely down. Since the region realignment there have been at least two teams from R6 that were legit top 4-8 teams in the state... not currently. I've been saying that Houston County isn't the Houston County of the past, and honestly nobody really knows just how good the Irish are (or aren't) yet. I wish HC the best, but Waverly hasn't laid down for you yet.

1 hour ago, HCalumnia11 said:

Our region is down, and it has nothing to do with us not being the top dog. As trader mention, in the past few years there's always been at least two teams in this region that other teams feared! Last year my son spoke with one of the players from Peabody and he stated that we were the only team they feared last year before we played the game! Of course they pulled off the win, but they were playing scared most of the game, especially after we went in with the lead at the half. Nobody fears Houston county! I'm not disrespecting you all and what you have accomplished thus far. You are currently the lone wolf in the top dog position, but we haven't played yet, and to become the top dog, you have to beat the former top dog. The only reason you guys are popping up in top ten list right now is because you are still undefeated, but IF Waverly could pull off the win, and I know that's a big IF, especially how up and down we have been this season,  you would go right back to obscurity, and everyone will say, they were who we thought they were. 

• CoachT locked this topic