#1 Greeneville @ #2 Betsy

DevilMan03

To All of you Cyclone fans - This was a huge WIN for you guys, and much deserved.  The 2nd half the Cyclones was clearly the better team and wasn’t going to be denied.   It’s never exciting to lose, especially to those Cyclones, but if we’re going to lose then what a better program to lose to.  A lot of you have rubbed it in, salting the wound per say and many of you have done it with class/respect - We had it coming.  Much respect for you guys.   I am truly happy for you.

Now for jjm70 -  I went back through all my comments that I replied toward your comments.  Some of them must have made you angry or left a sour taste in mouth for me.  I am pretty sure that it is you going back through CoachT even as far back as the AE vs Greene game hitting that sad face icon on my comments/replies :).  Even if it’s not you, it was well deserved on my part.  I am eating a lot of CROW, and the laugh is on me.  Looking back at some of my replies to you I could have approached/worded them differently than what I did, and I would like to apologize to you.  My apologies to you jjm70.  Moving forward - I never want Greene to lose to the Cyclones and I am sure there’s plenty of other Greene fans that feel the same & we know that you and a lot of other Cyclone fans never want to lose to Greene and that’s one of the multiple things that make this rivalry what is it today.  At the end of the day I still love ya man and I would give the shirt off my back to you or any other Cyclone fan and I am sure many other Greene fans as well as Dman would do the same.   Hat’s off to you my friend.  

I do believe the Cyclones and Greene will meet up again soon in the playoffs.  Either way, we must keep those (cows / mavsinflight) back in Anderson County come Cookeville time.   Have a great week.

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

To All of you Cyclone fans - This was a huge WIN for you guys, and much deserved it.  The 2nd half the Cyclones was clearly the better team and wasn’t going to be denied.   It’s never exciting to lose, especially to those Cyclones, but if we’re going to lose then what a better program to lose to.  A lot of you have rubbed it in, salting the wound per and many of you have done it with class/respect - We had it coming.  Much respect for you guys.   I am truly happy for you.

Now for jjm70 -  I went back through all my comments that I replied toward your comments.  Some of them must have made you angry or left a sour taste in mouth for me.  I am pretty sure that it is you going back through CoachT even as far back as the AE vs Greene game hitting that sad face icon on my comments/replies :).  Even if it’s not you, it was well deserved on my part.  I am eating a lot CROW, and the laugh is on me.  Looking back at some of my replies to you I could have approached/worded them differently than what I did, and I would like to apologize to you.  My apologies to you jjm70.  Moving forward - I never want Greene to lose to the Cyclones and I am sure there’s plenty of other Greene fans that feel the same & we know that you and a lot of other Cyclone fans never want to lose to Greene and that’s one of the multiple things that make this rivalry what is it today.  At the end of the day I still love ya man and I would give the shirt off my back to you or any other Cyclone fan and I am sure many other Greene fans as well as Dman would do the same.   Hat’s off to you my friend.  

I do believe the Cyclones and Greene will meet up again soon in the playoffs.  Either way, we must keep those (cows / mavsinflight) back in Anderson County come Cookeville time.   Have a great week.

Those of us who’ve been on the T for awhile know you and your passion for the Greene Devils. IMO no apologies need. Your avatar and screen name speaks volume as to the person you are. But thanks just the same. :thumb:

Edited by gr8tplay
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

To All of you Cyclone fans - This was a huge WIN for you guys, and much deserved it.  The 2nd half the Cyclones was clearly the better team and wasn’t going to be denied.   It’s never exciting to lose, especially to those Cyclones, but if we’re going to lose then what a better program to lose to.  A lot of you have rubbed it in, salting the wound per and many of you have done it with class/respect - We had it coming.  Much respect for you guys.   I am truly happy for you.

Now for jjm70 -  I went back through all my comments that I replied toward your comments.  Some of them must have made you angry or left a sour taste in mouth for me.  I am pretty sure that it is you going back through CoachT even as far back as the AE vs Greene game hitting that sad face icon on my comments/replies :).  Even if it’s not you, it was well deserved on my part.  I am eating a lot CROW, and the laugh is on me.  Looking back at some of my replies to you I could have approached/worded them differently than what I did, and I would like to apologize to you.  My apologies to you jjm70.  Moving forward - I never want Greene to lose to the Cyclones and I am sure there’s plenty of other Greene fans that feel the same & we know that you and a lot of other Cyclone fans never want to lose to Greene and that’s one of the multiple things that make this rivalry what is it today.  At the end of the day I still love ya man and I would give the shirt off my back to you or any other Cyclone fan and I am sure many other Greene fans as well as Dman would do the same.   Hat’s off to you my friend.  

You don’t have to apologize because we have all run our mouths  on here and rubbed it in a little and believe me we all know how tough it is to beat the Devils.RomansFive8 great post and best of luck to the Devils and I would say we will see the Devils again before this year is over.

• Thanks 1

I usually don't do a lot of commenting on these threads but I felt like I needed to this time for some reason. Friday night I was able to watch this game on television and after it was all said and done I came to one conclusion. These two teams will meet again in the near future and I expect it will be just as competitive as this game was. I don't know much about the 4A teams on the west side of the state but I have seen the competition on the east side of the state. IMO these two teams are the cream of the crop. I'm hoping for a rematch and I will make every effort to be there to see it.

I predict a Gold ball coming back to N East TN in 4A again this year. Good luck to both teams

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DandDD said:

I usually don't do a lot of commenting on these threads but I felt like I needed to this time for some reason. Friday night I was able to watch this game on television and after it was all said and done I came to one conclusion. These two teams will meet again in the near future and I expect it will be just as competitive as this game was. I don't know much about the 4A teams on the west side of the state but I have seen the competition on the east side of the state. IMO these two teams are the cream of the crop. I'm hoping for a rematch and I will make every effort to be there to see it.

I predict a Gold ball coming back to N East TN in 4A again this year. Good luck to both teams

Thanks for the comments but there is still some work to be done and as I have said before this team has worked there tails off and are still doing it everyday and that’s what it takes to win a gold ball.

It's fun to watch two good football teams going at it. Hope to see it again in a few weeks. I know AC might have something to say about a rematch. Have talked to a couple of people that have seen them play and they seem to think that they might be able to hang with the Region 1 champions (Betsy or Greeneville). I guess time will tell.

After the game Friday I saw the interview with Coach Witten. I couldn't believe how much he looked and acted like his papaw. Played against Coach Rider teams in the late 70s. They always played hardnosed football. Great coaching bloodline.

2 minutes ago, DandDD said:

It's fun to watch two good football teams going at it. Hope to see it again in a few weeks. I know AC might have something to say about a rematch. Have talked to a couple of people that have seen them play and they seem to think that they might be able to hang with the Region 1 champions (Betsy or Greeneville). I guess time will tell.

After the game Friday I saw the interview with Coach Witten. I couldn't believe how much he looked and acted like his papaw. Played against Coach Rider teams in the late 70s. They always played hardnosed football. Great coaching bloodline.

DandDD Dave was more like a dad to those boys and he done a great job.

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

DandDD Dave was more like a dad to those boys and he done a great job.

Good guys. All of them.  Played against Scott and was around him quite a bit when he was at Volunteer. Super person and a very good coach. He never had much to work with in Church Hill but he did get a playoff win against TN High which is something Volunteer had never done before he got there and hasn't done since. I felt like they ran him off too soon. He knew how to build a staff. He had one of his nephews (a Witten) and Casey Sivert (his dad coached for years at Cherokee) and a couple of old Betsy coaches, one of them was Dave Rider.  Those boys had so much enthusiasm.  Elizabethton will continue to excel as long as Shawn is running the program.