South Gibson @ Covington Oct. 18, 2019

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Considering this game has so much impact I can not believe there has not been any more chatter than this.... 

I’m going to be honest with you. You know you are my homie and I sincerely hope y’all win this game. If that happens odds are we see y’all second rd in Medina. I would much rather us do that than go to Covington 2nd. 

I hope that history repeats itself this week. The last time Covington lost to a team not named Alcoa, Munford defeated the Chargers 16-6 in the first game of 2017. Covington regrouped In the next game and beat FACS 56-21. 

Now, I'm aware that SGC is probably better than that opponent, but I'm hoping for a response like that from my team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I hope that history repeats itself this week. The last time Covington lost to a team not named Alcoa, Munford defeated the Chargers 16-6 in the first game of 2017. Covington regrouped In the next game and beat FACS 56-21. 

Now, I'm aware that SGC is probably better than that opponent, but I'm hoping for a response like that from my team.

One of the interesting things about this game is that there are several story lines coming into it. 

SGC was 1 play away from beating the chargers last year. 

Covington coming off of its first regular season loss in ( # ) years. ( a long time?? ) 

SGC head coach is now the longest tenured coach in the league. 

Covington has a new head coach.

Because of the mandatory region schedule SGC has to travel to Covinton back to back season. 

SGC and Covington want to do the same thing... RUN THE FOOTBALL RIGHT AT YOU AND MAKE YOU STOP IT! 

SGC will win the region outright if the can knock of the Chargers. 

Covington is now playing for a chance to stay at home in the playoffs ( dawgs screwed that up). 

Covington will win the region again for 3 years in a row, if they can win this game, and beat McNairy. 

Both teams are ranked in the top 5 some top 10 in several publications, and media sources throughout the state. 

This game is the game of the week for several media outlets.

I probably forgot a few....

" should be a good un " 

Edited by ManOfMillions

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Chargerfan. I want to meet you. I tried to set this up last year but I failed. You told me where you sit... I want you to come to the press box and find me before the game starts. When you walk in the door we are in the downstairs room first room on the right. ( that where we were last year anyways. ) Come shake me hand and we can exchange un pleasant things about our teams!!!  JK. You are to active on these boards for me not to put a face with the legend that is you. 

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Chargerfan. I want to meet you. I tried to set this up last year but I failed. You told me where you sit... I want you to come to the press box and find me before the game starts. When you walk in the door we are in the downstairs room first room on the right. ( that where we were last year anyways. ) Come shake me hand and we can exchange un pleasant things about our teams!!!  JK. You are to active on these boards for me not to put a face with the legend that is you. 

OK. I'll try to do that, but old folks sometimes forget. Ha.  See you Friday.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

OK. I'll try to do that, but old folks sometimes forget. Ha.  See you Friday.

Who is that masked man?  I know you’ll be on your home turf, and I’m sure you can take care of yourself, but don’t do it CHARGERFAN!  It sounds like a set-up to me.

Just kidding…I know y’all will have a great time exchanging unpleasantries.

Good luck to both teams.