Gibson Co. @ Adamsville

GCPioneer

8 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Brother I would like to think I’m as honest and realistic as anyone on here.  We had a chance to have the best season  in school history this year.  Injuries took that from us.  Part of the game.  

Chances are you guys will see a completely different Peabody team in 2 weeks. Injuries hit them pretty hard last night

13 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will attest to Goldenpride’s statement. I watched the live stream & Peabody looked lost most of the night. Yes they won 36-0 but Halls couldn’t beat a middle school team. No offense to Halls but that’s just truth. Hopefully the Tide has gotten this slip up out of their system 

Halls has 3 wins though? So I'm pretty sure they'd beat some middle school teams as well

26 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Halls has 3 wins though? So I'm pretty sure they'd beat some middle school teams as well

You are correct. I wasn’t giving them the credit they deserve by any means. I will tip my cap to Halls for showing up & fighting every single down. Just frustrated with the way Peabody was playing last night. 

17 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Dang. They went from 2nd place to out of the playoffs in 2 weeks. Brutal 

This region is brutal... you would think on the outside looking in that with Adamsville having only a few wins, they aren’t very good... they looked pretty stinkin good to me last night. The QB threw some great passes and that team played some good football.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if our region won 3 of 4, or maybe even a clean sweep, in the first round of the playoffs.

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Brother I would like to think I’m as honest and realistic as anyone on here.  We had a chance to have the best season  in school history this year.  Injuries took that from us.  Part of the game.  

I am Sorry about the injuries. And really hope the kids recover. 

27 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

This region is brutal... you would think on the outside looking in that with Adamsville having only a few wins, they aren’t very good... they looked pretty stinkin good to me last night. The QB threw some great passes and that team played some good football.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if our region won 3 of 4, or maybe even a clean sweep, in the first round of the playoffs.

It is a brutal region has been for a few years now. Adamsville had a very tough first 6 games I'm sure a lot of growth took place during those losses. Just to be clear I was in no way saying anything negative about Gibson Co. Rereading my comment I guess it could easily be taken that way

32 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Man you are correct about our region. Mckenzie has a good football team too. That QB is going to be the real deal. Big up front too. We just played our game and didn’t have a lot of mistakes. Long physical drives 

10 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

It is a brutal region has been for a few years now. Adamsville had a very tough first 6 games I'm sure a lot of growth took place during those losses. Just to be clear I was in no way saying anything negative about Gibson Co. Rereading my comment I guess it could easily be taken that way

I didn’t take it as anything negative, just adding on to what you have said. We’ve had bad luck on our side the last few weeks and the rest of the region is hitting its stride. Obviously, our hopes were to get a home playoff game, but this is something to continue to build off of until we get to that point. We’ve got a good crew of players coming up, just have to keep sustaining what we are doing.