Playoff predictions 2A region 1 vs region 2

Yeti

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

Have a question since you guys are talking about Tennessee what is a defensive player suppose to do when the WR is diving head 1st leading with the crown of his helmet.I didn’t think it was targeting. Alabama scored anyway but Tennessee loses its best LB for the 1st half against USCjr.

He will play against USCjr since he was ejected in the 1st half of the game against Bama. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

I'll probably have another one of them sad faces on my posts again in the morning when "the unit" sees what I've done :(

Somebody shore nuff likes given them out up there.Oneida has played 3 teams that are more than likely Semi final teams and with just mins left in those games had opportunities to do something.Those teams have outstanding offenses and dang good defenses also.Oneida will be a very hard team to put out unless said team is battle tested and prepared to get smacked in the mouth!Oneidas O-line and D-line are better than any region 1 team their only issue is against top rated Ds they find it hard to score.So i am intrigued to see what region 1 has when they play a very good team.Hampton is the ONLY team i think could give any region 2 team a game.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Somebody shore nuff likes given them out up there.Oneida has played 3 teams that are more than likely Semi final teams and with just mins left in those games had opportunities to do something.Those teams have outstanding offenses and dang good defenses also.Oneida will be a very hard team to put out unless said team is battle tested and prepared to get smacked in the mouth!Oneidas O-line and D-line are better than any region 1 team their only issue is against top rated Ds they find it hard to score.So i am intrigued to see what region 1 has when they play a very good team.Hampton is the ONLY team i think could give any region 2 team a game.

I put it out there already, you will not beat truly good / great teams without touchdowns. We have scored 7, 6 and 3 in our 3 losses you mentioned but were 1 score or closer middle of the 4th or later in all 3 as you also mentioned. It is completely unrealistic to expect any defense to secure a win with those numbers especially with the caliber of teams those 3 are. Just gotta find touchdowns. Wouldn't be such a mystery if it wasn't the same 11 on offense that play on defense. I mean physically they match up on one side but just can't get over the hump on the other. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, crow said:

I put it out there already, you will not beat truly good / great teams without touchdowns. We have scored 7, 6 and 3 in our 3 losses you mentioned but were 1 score or closer middle of the 4th or later in all 3 as you also mentioned. It is completely unrealistic to expect any defense to secure a win with those numbers especially with the caliber of teams those 3 are. Just gotta find touchdowns. Wouldn't be such a mystery if it wasn't the same 11 on offense that play on defense. I mean physically they match up on one side but just can't get over the hump on the other. 

You are correct have to find TDs.GB ran for about 180 and passed for 300+ but you wont see those type offenses VERY often in 1A or 2A but you all bent and didnt break for the most part.Meigs is a Run heavy team that CAN throw but not as consistant as GB and lets face it they have a D-1 player that makes that team roll can only contain a player of his caliber for so long if your D stays on the field as you all did.Upperman you stated was the better overall team you have played and had probably the best chance to win that game.Again O has to give the D a break every now and again.

• Upvote 1