Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Great post everybody I slept the hurtfulness off lol. The game went pretty much how I expected. I had no doubt in it not being close after the mt Juliet game. In all realty we have enough athletes to sneak games or win games! Defense eh maybe not but they play hard which makes up. I knew we would have to stop the pass or “could” get ugly and to be honest we got a bunch of help in that! Adarius is elite talent his routes and speed is amazing! He just had an awful night but with that being said qb deep ball is money with JJ foust making senior catches! Good game by both..I didn’t like the calls on oak ridge in 4th at all! Pass interference on Preston was bogus! It wasn’t one! I can’t speak on the holding call because I didn’t see it tbh. Just insane calls last minute imo. 58 lineman for Powell is a stud I credited him last week as well! I’m actually cheering for Powell this playoff you have to respect that team plus I like Matt Lowe: oak ridge will bounce back

Tremendous game, and I'm sure we'll see you guys again in a few weeks.

PI call was 50-50. The ball was on the money, and had the defender made more of an effort to play the ball instead of Redmond, I doubt they throw the flag. There was definitely contact before the ball arrived so I don't think you can say it was completely bogus.

The holding call that brought back the OR TD was obvious though. Webb (#15) beat the OT (#77) at the snap, in the direction Gibbons rolled initially. Even though he had help from the RB to block him, he grabbed him by the arm and turned/spun him. That allowed Gibbons to reverse field and go the distance. The tough part is that he didn't need to hold, and the back was there to help block.

Edited by osunut2

On 10/23/2019 at 7:59 AM, JohnnyUtah said:

If Bailor and Trusley have  an off night and OR capitalizes than it'll be close with an upset change. Powell to me has talent all over the field but they go as they go. As they get deeper into the playoffs teams with the same speed and athletes will give them trouble.  

Shouldn't have been close in the end, but mistakes and drops kept OR in the game. It happened last week and last night, a team that can have a few athletes on the their team makes the game uncomfortable for Powell.

41 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Shouldn't have been close in the end, but mistakes and drops kept OR in the game. It happened last week and last night, a team that can have a few athletes on the their team makes the game uncomfortable for Powell.

Agreed. Oak Ridge definitely came to play, no doubt about that, but Powell had three huge drops that hit the receivers hands and all would’ve been touchdowns. If we talk overthrows, both teams had several, but to drop the ones that actually hit the receivers hands hurt in a big way. They haven’t seemed to miss those opportunities this season until the last two weeks. On your other point, it does seem to take Powell time to adjust to teams that have similar athletes on the field. 

• Like 1

I don't care what the OR record is, our Wildcats are  TOUGH!

The OR lines were outmanned but won their share of the battles. I was more than impressed with the way the linemen fought against what seemed to be insurmountable odds and the running of Jackson speaks for itself. I'm not sure what's happened the last few weeks but OR is a different team. The much maligned coaching staff is to be commended. I still say this is the least talented OR team I've seen in years but they are playing above their abilities. I hope the team and coaches can continue that.

Kendall Jackson had 159 rushing at the half.  Of course, 85 of that was on one play. But he had 74 yards on the other 8 first half carries, nine yards per touch is impressive.  The first two quarters was the best half of football we have played all year by far. 

We gotta be able to move the chains in the fourth qtr to finish off a good team.  I think Plow started on the OR end of the field (inside the 50) on each of their last three drives.  We have to be able to flip the field better than that.  Nothing wrong with a couple first downs and a good punt to flip the field.  It was a great effort by all.  Proud of our team. 

Edited by oridgecat

5 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Tremendous game, and I'm sure we'll see you guys again in a few weeks.

PI call was 50-50. The ball was on the money, and had the defender made more of an effort to play the ball instead of Redmond, I doubt they throw the flag. There was definitely contact before the ball arrived so I don't think you can say it was completely bogus.

The holding call that brought back the OR TD was obvious though. Webb (#15) beat the OT (#77) at the snap, in the direction Gibbons rolled initially. Even though he had help from the RB to block him, he grabbed him by the arm and turned/spun him. That allowed Gibbons to reverse field and go the distance. The tough part is that he didn't need to hold, and the back was there to help block.

I don't really think both teams will make it to a rematch.

27 minutes ago, guthook said:

I don't really think both teams will make it to a rematch.

gut, which team do you think won't make it out of round 1 of the playoffs.  I know Plow will crush Lenoir City and  I think Oak Ridge has improved enough to get out of the first round.  Throw in a monkey wrench if Oak Ridge loses to Fulton.  If that happens, you may be correct. 

3 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

gut, which team do you think won't make it out of round 1 of the playoffs.  I know Plow will crush Lenoir City and  I think Oak Ridge has improved enough to get out of the first round.  Throw in a monkey wrench if Oak Ridge loses to Fulton.  If that happens, you may be correct. 

Agreed cat. LC isn't very good, and you guys are certainly good enough to beat Soddy or Rhea Co.

• Like 1