Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

In a 5StarPrep article a Powell player says that 100% he expects to play West again in the playoffs. I don't put this on the board to try and give OR some extra juice. In fact, I hope every Oak Ridge player feels they will beat Powell and face them again in the Playoffs.

To be totally honest, I am worried about this game. Powell IS very good. Oak Ridge has been moving toward being very good. 

I am off to bed. One wildcat...two wildcats...three wildcats...four wildcats...YIKES Powell PANTHER...run wildcats...BANG!...one dead Panther...five wildcats...six wildcats...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RWR!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

From what I've seen on the highlights every Friday night and when they played Greeneville early in the season, Powell has a much better team than an even vastly improved OR team. Powell is much bigger, much faster, much quicker, and more physical than OR, but the game isn't played on paper. I'll be there cheering on my huge underdog Wildcats!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

In a 5StarPrep article a Powell player says that 100% he expects to play West again in the playoffs. I don't put this on the board to try and give OR some extra juice. In fact, I hope every Oak Ridge player feels they will beat Powell and face them again in the Playoffs.

Willie, given the playoff format, there is pretty reasonable chance that those two will play again even if Powell doesn't win the region. Heck, there's a very good chance Powell and OR will have a rematch regardless of this result.

OK, help me out here.  

The way I interpret it, if Oak Ridge were to beat Powell and Powell, West, and Oak Ridge all finish with one loss in the region, the seeds would be:

1.  Powell 

2.  West

2.  Oak Ridge

Is this not correct, given that there is no head to head winner among the three, that all three would have beaten everybody else in the region, and then it goes to total wins, eliminating Oak Ridge, and then head to head between Powell and West?  

Just trying to be sure I understand how that would play out.  

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

OK, help me out here.  

The way I interpret it, if Oak Ridge were to beat Powell and Powell, West, and Oak Ridge all finish with one loss in the region, the seeds would be:

1.  Powell 

2.  West

2.  Oak Ridge

Is this not correct, given that there is no head to head winner among the three, that all three would have beaten everybody else in the region, and then it goes to total wins, eliminating Oak Ridge, and then head to head between Powell and West?  

Just trying to be sure I understand how that would play out.  

As long as Powell takes care of SD in that scenario, you are correct. Total wins would be the next tie-breaker, which would eliminate OR (3-seed). When a team is eliminated from a 3+ team tie, the tie-breaker reverts back to head-to-head, so Powell would be the top seed, and West would be 2nd.

However, if Powell loses to both West and SD, West would have the most total wins, so they would end up with the 1-seed, OR would be 2nd (head-to-head over Powell), and Powell would be 3rd.

Edited by osunut2

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

As long as Powell takes care of SD in that scenario, you are correct. Total wins would be the next tie-breaker, which would eliminate OR (3-seed). When a team is eliminated from a 3+ team tie, the tie-breaker reverts back to head-to-head, so Powell would be the top seed, and West would be 2nd.

However, if Powell loses to both West and SD, West would have the most total wins, so they would end up with the 1-seed, OR would be 2nd (head-to-head over Powell), and Powell would be 3rd.

Gotcha.  I knew the engineer would be able to figure it out better than I.  At my age, trying to think too much just gives me a headache.  :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, HTV said:

Gotcha.  I knew the engineer would be able to figure it out better than I.  At my age, trying to think too much just gives me a headache.  :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, it took me forever to figure out the nuances of the current system, and it will probably change now that I understand it!

Edited by osunut2