Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

3 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

If Bailor and Trusley have  an off night and OR capitalizes than it'll be close with an upset change. Powell to me has talent all over the field but they go as they go. As they get deeper into the playoffs teams with the same speed and athletes will give them trouble.  

I wish at times that Trusley would throw more underneath routes.  He has a great long ball, but that seems to be his only throw, and all he looks for?  I think the key to Powell's playoff games, is to keep feeding those 3 RB.  The O-line is tough, and those backs mix it up well.  I would run 80 percent of the time if I wear Powell.  Cause teams are going to star keying on the deep ball more, and I don't know if Trusley can complete or read the underneath routes,  Just my opinion  

5 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

I wish at times that Trusley would throw more underneath routes.  He has a great long ball, but that seems to be his only throw, and all he looks for?  I think the key to Powell's playoff games, is to keep feeding those 3 RB.  The O-line is tough, and those backs mix it up well.  I would run 80 percent of the time if I wear Powell.  Cause teams are going to star keying on the deep ball more, and I don't know if Trusley can complete or read the underneath routes,  Just my opinion   

I agree, I would like to see them throw those short/intermediate passes a bit more. With as many deep balls as Trusley has thrown, and with his WRs' ability to go up and get a lot of them, there's certainly an opportunity to throw underneath.

West did a pretty good job defending the run last week, both between the tackles and on the outside. That's the first time all year that Powell has had a tough time running the football, but they got some big plays in their passing game which was just enough to overcome all of those penalties.

this Game can go multiple ways! The secondary is the difference of how confident the offense will play imo! I’m afraid Powell could torch us in the air due to multiple receivers across the board. If it happens Early and fast I see a bad game for oak ridge. If oak ridge gets stops in the air I believe this game will be close! Last week offense I saw I like so I believe oak ridge offense will move the ball this week if add more plays with same package and Johnson returning. That offense is hard to stop and I love Romano back in his true element clearly it showed 

Edited by Elitesports4

9 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

this Game can go multiple ways! The secondary is the difference of how confident the offense will play imo! I’m afraid Powell could torch us in the air due to multiple receivers across the board. If it happens Early and fast I see a bad game for oak ridge. If oak ridge gets stops in the air I believe this game will be close! Last week offense I saw I like so I believe oak ridge offense will move the ball this week if add more plays with same package and Johnson returning. That offense is hard to stop and I love Romano back in his true element clearly it showed 

I agree with your opinion on this game. It certainly could go a lot of ways. I believe Oak Ridge has a chance and will win but the Wildcats barely beat Powell last year and this Panther team is a lot better. My hope is a win but I will take a game that OR can use to get better prepared for the playoffs. RWR! 

Good luck Cardinal and Gray. Cheer like insane Wildcat fans if you go. I may have missed something but it seems to me that the CoachT OR fans got along well this week. Proud to be an Oak Ridge fan and proud of our team.

Stats from 5StarPrep....

Powell 7 point favorite

------------------------------/

OR QB Mitchell Gibbons...Comp. Passes 60.8 %,  1,188 passing yards, 18 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs.

PHS QB Trusley...1,524 passing yards..17 TD

----------------------

OR WR  I. Johnson...465 rec. yards, 

OR RB / WR Romano...5 TD passes.

PHS WR... Kirkess...461 rec. yards, 5 TD passes

PHS WR...Redmond 444 rec, yards,  8 TD passes

------------------------

OR RB...Jackson 416 yards rushing, 6 TD rushing.

PHS RB...McIntosh 7 rushing TD

PHS  RB...Hughes 654 yards rushing, 7 rushing TD

------------------------------

OR LB Jacob Adams...84.5 Tackles, 11.5 Tackles for a loss.

PHS   Webb...19 Tackles for a loss, 6 sacks, 

PHS Brown... 9 Tackles for a loss

PHS Judy....35 points kicking

PHS Hughes...42.2 punting average.

--------------------------------

OR Johnson.....3 Int.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 2