Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

I actually thought the game last year wasn’t as close as the score would indicate because our defense pretty much held Powell in check for most of the game. I remember them getting an onside kick, which resulted in a pretty short field and about a 35 yard quick strike pass play for one of their touchdowns in that game. If I remember correctly our defense held Powell to under 200 yards last year in that game. Of course that doesn’t mean diddly squat concerning tonight’s game. May the best team win.

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I actually thought the game last year wasn’t as close as the score would indicate because our defense pretty much held Powell in check for most of the game. I remember them getting an onside kick, which resulted in a pretty short field and about a 35 yard quick strike pass play for one of their touchdowns in that game. If I remember correctly our defense held Powell to under 200 yards last year in that game. Of course that doesn’t mean diddly squat concerning tonight’s game. May the best team win.

Looking forward to watching this game on mute tonight

1 minute ago, KnoxPhoto said:

They need it. I appreciate what they’re trying to do, but it’s plain bad sometimes. 

Agreed. I don't want to take away from what they are trying to do, but it's rough. No offense to him, but the guy that has called the bulk of the Powell games really struggles each and every week. Play-by-play can be a tough gig, especially without a color commentator, but DCM would almost be better off providing a video stream with no commentary if that's the best they can do.

• Like 1

Just now, osunut2 said:

Agreed. I don't want to take away from what they are trying to do, but it's rough. No offense to him, but the guy that has called the bulk of the Powell games really struggles each and every week. Play-by-play can be a tough gig, especially without a color commentator, but DCM would almost be better off providing a video stream with no commentary if that's the best they can do.

Totally agree. Their social media accounts aren’t much better, unfortunately.