Oak Ridge vs Powell Thursday Night

keepitmoving

5 hours ago, bonkers said:

From what I've seen on the highlights every Friday night and when they played Greeneville early in the season, Powell has a much better team than an even vastly improved OR team. Powell is much bigger, much faster, much quicker, and more physical than OR, but the game isn't played on paper. I'll be there cheering on my huge underdog Wildcats!

Don't forget much stronger and much deeper too.  I just hope our little fellers can stay on the field with these guys.  

Edited by oridgecat

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Don't forget much stronger and deeper too.  I just hope our little fellers can stay on the field with these guys.  

You need to send STARS a royalty check for using the term "little fellers".  He has that one copy written.  :popcorneater:

1 hour ago, HTV said:

You need to send STARS a royalty check for using the term "little fellers".  He has that one copy written.  :popcorneater:

Enurstin.  You are sort of right.  Stars would have said "littull" fellers.   And "I jist hope we kin keep hit clost" would apply here as well.  Pal has a great team. OR is just "meaty-okra"

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Enurstin.  You are sort of right.  Stars would have said "littull" fellers.   And "I jist hope we kin keep hit clost" would apply here as well.  Pal has a great team. OR is just "meaty-okra"

orc      when'st me and momma got married we wuz so pore we wood try two stretch out tha spam wif okree.......meety okree......:thumb:

6 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

After watching Powell and West on DCM this one might be closer than I first thought. It was an incredibly physical game. Both teams just beat the heck out of each other. Does that play a part in this short week? Might make the game a little closer.

You're right, that could be a factor, although I'm not sure how much of one.

3 hours ago, HTV said:

OK, help me out here.  

The way I interpret it, if Oak Ridge were to beat Powell and Powell, West, and Oak Ridge all finish with one loss in the region, the seeds would be:

1.  Powell 

2.  West

2.  Oak Ridge

Is this not correct, given that there is no head to head winner among the three, that all three would have beaten everybody else in the region, and then it goes to total wins, eliminating Oak Ridge, and then head to head between Powell and West?  

Just trying to be sure I understand how that would play out.  

That makes sense to me.

23 minutes ago, bonkers said:

I wish it could be that close but I wouldn't bet on it.

I think Oak Ridge has a chance here, imo. More than some might think. Powell had a very physical, hard fought game against West. Factor in the emotions of a big win, you never know what they’ll come out looking like. Oak Ridge got a big win on the road, so maybe it could give them some momentum to push through with a victory. Thursday needs to hurry!

Edited by KnoxPhoto
  • Like 1