South Pitt @ Copper Basin (that Grider man vs that Grabowski man)

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

In reference to the CB first score. The ENTIRE starting secondary was out. 21(MLB), and 53(DT) were the only starters still rotating in the game on your first score. We subbed freely the entire game. As for the end of the game on offense. It is true our starting QB was still standing behind the second team line and handing the ball off to the 3rd strong backfield. 

11 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

In reference to the CB first score. The ENTIRE starting secondary was out. 21(MLB), and 53(DT) were the only starters still rotating in the game on your first score. We subbed freely the entire game. As for the end of the game on offense. It is true our starting QB was still standing behind the second team line and handing the ball off to the 3rd strong backfield. 

#20 was still in, it doesn’t really matter in the end y’all won we lost. Point is we scored more than anyone else has all year it being second string or not. That doesn’t mean we are better than Meigs or Sequatchie though I know the Pirates starters played the whole game against those teams.

4 hours ago, TheCommander said:

#20 was still in, it doesn’t really matter in the end y’all won we lost. Point is we scored more than anyone else has all year it being second string or not. That doesn’t mean we are better than Meigs or Sequatchie though I know the Pirates starters played the whole game against those teams.

Not actually true...my boy isn’t a starter and he had playing time in the Meigs game last part of the 3qtr and more in the 4th. 
 I understand CB cheering and getting hyped after scoring...the first score avoided a shutout, I’m sure that was cause for celebration. 
 Just shows SP still has a little work to do with some freshman! CB starting QB throwing to CB starting receiver being covered by a 3rd string corner is definitely an advantage for CB! Have to get those younger ones some playing time though!

1 minute ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Not actually true...my boy isn’t a starter and he had playing time in the Meigs game last part of the 3qtr and more in the 4th. 
 I understand CB cheering and getting hyped after scoring...the first score avoided a shutout, I’m sure that was cause for celebration. 
 Just shows SP still has a little work to do with some freshman! CB starting QB throwing to CB starting receiver being covered by a 3rd string corner is definitely an advantage for CB! Have to get those younger ones some playing time though!

Our backup qb got put out with a concussion, probably not likely he would’ve seen playing time anyways. He hasn’t got one snap in a varsity game this year. Threw the ball well in our jv games.

1 minute ago, TheCommander said:

Our backup qb got put out with a concussion, probably not likely he would’ve seen playing time anyways. He hasn’t got one snap in a varsity game this year. Threw the ball well in our jv games.

I didn’t know that. Hope he gets healthy and is able to get some varsity reps! Wasn’t knocking CB starters still being in playing, stopping a shutout was a good boost for team morale! Need that now that they are headed into the playoffs! 
 Good luck and good season for CB!

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I didn’t know that. Hope he gets healthy and is able to get some varsity reps! Wasn’t knocking CB starters still being in playing, stopping a shutout was a good boost for team morale! Need that now that they are headed into the playoffs! 
 Good luck and good season for CB!

Well he got varsity reps as an 8th grader a couple years ago. He is our starting outside linebacker now. He should be good to go this Friday. Good luck to the Pirates as well, they will be tough to beat!

2 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Well he got varsity reps as an 8th grader a couple years ago. He is our starting outside linebacker now. He should be good to go this Friday. Good luck to the Pirates as well, they will be tough to beat!

I was impressed with CB’s overall size though! Glad he was at least out there playing though, OLB isn’t QB but it’s still an important position to play! 
 SP just needs to stay focused and taking it “one game at a time!”! JB is on the clock right now and that’s who SP has to beat to keep playing! 
If SP is firing on all cylinders they are definitely exciting to watch! Hopefully that intensity will continue and will get them were they want to be!

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I was impressed with CB’s overall size though! Glad he was at least out there playing though, OLB isn’t QB but it’s still an important position to play! 
 SP just needs to stay focused and taking it “one game at a time!”! JB is on the clock right now and that’s who SP has to beat to keep playing! 
If SP is firing on all cylinders they are definitely exciting to watch! Hopefully that intensity will continue and will get them were they want to be!

The only thing that I seen that could cost y’all, is hot heads. I know sometimes that happens in the heat of the battle but I seen quite a bit of arguing amongst Pirates last night! I hope y’all crush JB not a huge fan of them.

1 minute ago, TheCommander said:

The only thing that I seen that could cost y’all, is hot heads. I know sometimes that happens in the heat of the battle but I seen quite a bit of arguing amongst Pirates last night! I hope y’all crush JB not a huge fan of them.

Those young men are like their Coach...they demand 100% out of each other! I must of missed that though, I’ve not seen the players arguing so far this year! 
 Arrived just before halftime though last night, the family and I took a slight detour to Pigeon Forge! Drove down to CB to watch the game, then picked up the boy after the game and came back to Pigeon Forge...when I pulled up to the game last night I was at 260 miles for the day!

Been a long two days for me, I’m just ready to be back in SP!