DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

I take it you've not watched much high school football outside of upper East TN.

You guys do know that blazer is a Daniel Boone fan....right?  He's just trying to torque everybody up. 

…...and doing a pretty good job of it.

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Morristown West was the first to figure out how to beat the DB pass rush. They just didn't quite have the offensive line to pull it off for more than a half. Science Hill's line was a little better so they completed 20 quick passes and that's what beat DB. The defensive ends were not much of a factor against the Science Hill QB. Alcoa's offensive line is a whole lot better than Science Hill's line. The coaching staff at Alcoa is a whole lot better than Science Hill's also. I'm sure they would of figured this out on their own anyway.

Agreed somewhat ... But what beat DB was penalties (especially costly on last drive ) and a Kicker .... DB made the stops when they needed but the kicker absolutely did his job for SH with the few long field goals !! 

Anyone knows #2 injury status for DB .. went out in first half against SH 

55 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Agreed somewhat ... But what beat DB was penalties (especially costly on last drive ) and a Kicker .... DB made the stops when they needed but the kicker absolutely did his job for SH with the few long field goals !! 

Anyone knows #2 injury status for DB .. went out in first half against SH 

So everytime they got the ball they just kicked a FG??Sounds to me like the line,QB,RBs and Coaches had a little to do with the win also...UNLESS that kicker set multiple state records for long FGs.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

So everytime they got the ball they just kicked a FG??Sounds to me like the line,QB,RBs and Coaches had a little to do with the win also...UNLESS that kicker set multiple state records for long FGs.:rolleyes:

Haha ... nah he did boot a 48 , 50 and 28 . 

Db completely stopped the run but gave up some costly penalties to put them in position to kick 2 of those ... 

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I take it you've not watched much high school football outside of upper East TN.

That is correct, 99% NET.    I stand by my statement, DB has two very good defensive ends.    Just because they play in NET doesn't mean they are automagically not good players.     Now there has been a lot of talk of DB having multiple guys out with injuries, so to be clear I am talking about the 2 guys who played against Hardin Valley (can't remember names or #'s because that game was early in the season.)

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

That is correct, 99% NET.    I stand by my statement, DB has two very good defensive ends.    Just because they play in NET doesn't mean they are automagically not good players.     Now there has been a lot of talk of DB having multiple guys out with injuries, so to be clear I am talking about the 2 guys who played against Hardin Valley (can't remember names or #'s because that game was early in the season.)

Image result for yosemite sam gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Blazer, If you like to watch quality DE play, keep you eye on #1 for Alcoa. I'll watch some film of DB later and check out their DEs as well.

#45 might medal at state in the decathlon and #1 can completely  take over a game. #44 will make some plays as well.