DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

That is correct, 99% NET.    I stand by my statement, DB has two very good defensive ends.    Just because they play in NET doesn't mean they are automagically not good players.     Now there has been a lot of talk of DB having multiple guys out with injuries, so to be clear I am talking about the 2 guys who played against Hardin Valley (can't remember names or #'s because that game was early in the season.)

That's what I thought. You should have just said that DB has a couple of really good defensive ends for this area.

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

That's what I thought. You should have just said that DB has a couple of really good defensive ends for this area.

I'll have to stick up for the two defensive ends. They have a boat load of stops for a loss and QB sacks. Mostly against teams from the Knoxville area. So it's not a NET thing.

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll have to stick up for the two defensive ends. They have a boat load of stops for a loss and QB sacks. Mostly against teams from the Knoxville area. So it's not a NET thing.

In the Hardin Valley game they didn't make every tackle but they played the position so well and forced the ball carrier into the heart of the defense where the stop was made.     Perhaps individually these guys are just average, I don't know, but when working together they form a very formidable pair.     And regardless of what we Monday morning QB's in here are saying, I can bet Alcoa's coaching staff has been scheming against these guys all week long.

41 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm just giving him a hard time. They are nice players, but his original statement was really out there. 

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You're probably right. I bet the team took the week off and didn't even practice. 

Nope. Practiced every day. Didn’t really do anything out of the ordinary tho...

Or would you rather I say, the staff trashed everything they’ve done all year and started from scratch because DB is unlike anything they’ve seen all year? 

The practices are pretty much the same every week. That’s the way the staff has done it for years.....No slight to DB. It’s just the way things are done...

Edited by Throwdeslant

7 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

.....Or would you rather I say, the staff trashed everything they’ve done all year and started from scratch because DB is unlike anything they’ve seen all year......

I've decided that you're the REAL football fan here instead of Blazer, as much as you fan the flames. I've also determined that you're a female, or have female leanings. Are you RW's sister?