DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

5 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB has been very good against the run all season. Science Hill has probably the best offensive line DB has faced this year and they held the Toppers to just 11 yards rushing. Science Hills line however is just average compared to Alcoa. The big problem for DB is the only pass defense they have is the pass rush. The defensive backfield is terrible, which if you follow DB football you know that's a tradition. Science Hill beat DB by throwing short quick passes. 20 of them to be exact. Science Hill is a average team at best and they had no problem passing. I figure Alcoa is a good enough team that they'll be able to do whatever they want on offense but if the run is not there the short passes will be wide open all night long. DB can't stop the pass. Never have, never will. Alcoa 41 DB 7

.............then, I hope Alcoa's Oline can step up and give the QB time to throw!? It's going to be a big test for the Alcoa Offense Friday for sure.

You Alcoa guys do know that DB has a pair of defensive ends as good as any I have ever seen at the HS level, they are stunningly quick.     You better count on them beating your tackles on most plays and have an additional blocking plan.   The best way to beat them would be the QB is under center and deliver a lightning quick handoff, no dilly-dallying around in the backfield.     I'm sure your coaching staff will have something cooked up.

14 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You Alcoa guys do know that DB has a pair of defensive ends as good as any I have ever seen at the HS level, they are stunningly quick.     You better count on them beating your tackles on most plays and have an additional blocking plan.   The best way to beat them would be the QB is under center and deliver a lightning quick handoff, no dilly-dallying around in the backfield.     I'm sure your coaching staff will have something cooked up.

Are they freshmen or transfers?

28 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Morristown West was the first to figure out how to beat the DB pass rush. They just didn't quite have the offensive line to pull it off for more than a half. Science Hill's line was a little better so they completed 20 quick passes and that's what beat DB. The defensive ends were not much of a factor against the Science Hill QB. Alcoa's offensive line is a whole lot better than Science Hill's line. The coaching staff at Alcoa is a whole lot better than Science Hill's also. I'm sure they would of figured this out on their own anyway.