DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, blazer1set said:

Haha, that's great man!     You know, I saw DB in a pre-season scrimmage against Greeneville and they just pushed the GREENE all over the field, and I knew there must be something special about this DB team.    I have not picked against them all year and until last week they always came through with the W.    So that is why I am sticking with DB in a close one, but if it doesn't happen then that crow looks yummy!

Meant to come back to this one.When I seen my Devils against DB that day,I knew two things.DB was better then they had been "BUT," I also knew the Devils were going to need a whole lot of work to be close to the team they had last year.In other words,every year is different and last years team at Greeneville was just a  very very special team that very few teams could have beat.

Edited by BatmanDB

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

There is always going to be some transplant from some other state that likes to bring up some school with a funny sounding name. There is always somebody bigger, badder, younger, better looking...

It's the same old story, same old song and dance, my friend
It's the same old story, same old story
Same old song and dance, yeah

And lil Maryville and lil Alcoa don't want any of it.Winning state titles in Tennessee is like winning gold medals in the Special Olympics!!!!..LOL

Why didn't you tell the DB Football team and coaches and they could have saved the gas and bus ride up there?..If DB's Football team don't think they can win.Their beat before they got on the bus.Thats the one thing I see a lot of around here.Cause Maryville and Alcoa has been good yall act like they cant be beat,Only by each other.

10 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Why didn't you tell the DB Football team and coaches and they could have saved the gas and bus ride up there?..If DB's Football team don't think they can win.Their beat before they got on the bus.Thats the one thing I see a lot of around here.Cause Maryville and Alcoa has been good yall act like they cant be beat,Only by each other.

Well nobody in East TN has beat them, so of course they feel that way. Just because they dominate doesn't mean football in this state is weak either, they're just on another different level. Everybody likes to crow about how they could beat Maryville or Alcoa until time comes to actually do it and they get run over just like everyone else. I used to think the same way as an Oakland fan until  Maryville made the jump to 6A and it became obvious we had some catching up to do

Edited by MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Mallad Creek needs to worry about trying to beat Richmond in their OWN state before thump their chest about playing teams the have 33 combined championships! Don't choke on that huckleberry transplant boy.:roll:

Richmond or Wake Forest doesn't want any of us.You and some of youre little buddys on here go talk to whomever and have them call (908)343-134 and ask for Philip Davanzo AD.And next yr we'll add either one of lil Maryville or lil Alcoa to our beat down list.

3 hours ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I'm am certainly hoping for a win but don't expect it.  I think after last week we now know that this is a mediocre DB team.  Far better than last year but not what some were saying - one of the better teams.  They (the games) almost had me fooled too.

I don't know anybody on the team and in my "old creaking bones" age, will not drive to Alcoa and sit out in the cold.  I might have gone if it were 10 degrees warmer. So I'll just keep tabs on the scoreboard occasionally.  After all, there will only be a pep band of 150 instead of the whole 400. 

For  anyone who did not pick up on it, there's a live VIDEO steam of the game at:

http://diamondclearmedia.com/alcoa/

Wish DB always had one of these live streams every week, I mean with the college seating and press box and such, I guess they can't afford to lose people to it.   

Anyone else having trouble finding the broadcast on DiamondClear?