DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

13 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Now indian fans,Everybody on here knows how great these blount county schools are (Alcoa and Maryville).Much respect!.But im a transplant from NC.I wish one of yall would call over Mallad Creek to play.Theyd be either one of yalls Huckleberry!!..But we all know yall wouldnt want that!!!:roll:

Those out of state teams neve seem to want to come to Blount County. If we travel there one year, the other school won't return the favor.  Maryville and Alcoa aren't scared to schedule anyone. LOL .

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Now indian fans,Everybody on here knows how great these blount county schools are (Alcoa and Maryville).Much respect!.But im a transplant from NC.I wish one of yall would call over Mallad Creek to play.Theyd be either one of yalls Huckleberry!!..But we all know yall wouldnt want that!!!:roll:

There is always going to be some transplant from some other state that likes to bring up some school with a funny sounding name. There is always somebody bigger, badder, younger, better looking...

It's the same old story, same old song and dance, my friend
It's the same old story, same old story
Same old song and dance, yeah

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

There is always going to be some transplant from some other state that likes to bring up some school with a funny sounding name. There is always somebody bigger, badder, younger, better looking...

It's the same old story, same old song and dance, my friend
It's the same old story, same old story
Same old song and dance, yeah

Bigger and better looking than Murval Big Gal ?!?!? Have Mercy.

There was a transplant from Massachusetts that said his local team would dominate Blount County High School Football.  Said they were coached by someone named Bella Chekk. 

Just now, 32hammer said:

Bigger and better looking than Murval Big Gal ?!?!? Have Mercy.

There was a transplant from Massachusetts that said his local team would dominate Blount County High School Football.  Said they were coached by someone named Bella Chekk. 

Even more ironic, that Bella Chekk dude was born in Tennessee. (Nashville).

3 hours ago, TBE14 said:

I haven't been following this thread very much so this question may have already been answered but does DB have some key injuries?

They've lost three starting offensive linemen but have been playing without those guys for the past four or five games. I think they lost their best receiver/defensive back in the Science Hill game. Will hurt them on offense but they don't know how to play pass defense so it doesn't matter who they put back there.

32 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They've lost three starting offensive linemen but have been playing without those guys for the past four or five games. I think they lost their best receiver/defensive back in the Science Hill game. Will hurt them on offense but they don't know how to play pass defense so it doesn't matter who they put back there.

Hate to hear about the injured kids. Hopefully none are too serious and none of them are seniors.

Just Batman's thoughts.....Well,it's game day and I still look for it to be a very hard fought game with both teams playing with a lot of pride.Atleast that's what I expect.The game it's self as far as I know doesn't have a big impact on next week unless it's because of an injury or something none of us want to see for either team.That's the thing with these two coaching staffs,you don't know if they will act like it's a  scrimmage or go after it like it's a state title.Both staffs have to factor just how hard they want to push and what the cost could be.The players on the other hand will play all out and it should be pretty awesome for that reason.I'm not predicting a DB win or for that matter ,a DB loss.I think there are a few things that might play into the final score and nothing would surprise me in the end.

33 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Just Batman's thoughts.....Well,it's game day and I still look for it to be a very hard fought game with both teams playing with a lot of pride.Atleast that's what I expect.The game it's self as far as I know doesn't have a big impact on next week unless it's because of an injury or something none of us want to see for either team.That's the thing with these two coaching staffs,you don't know if they will act like it's a  scrimmage or go after it like it's a state title.Both staffs have to factor just how hard they want to push and what the cost could be.The players on the other hand will play all out and it should be pretty awesome for that reason.I'm not predicting a DB win or for that matter ,a DB loss.I think there are a few things that might play into the final score and nothing would surprise me in the end.

I'm am certainly hoping for a win but don't expect it.  I think after last week we now know that this is a mediocre DB team.  Far better than last year but not what some were saying - one of the better teams.  They (the games) almost had me fooled too.

I don't know anybody on the team and in my "old creaking bones" age, will not drive to Alcoa and sit out in the cold.  I might have gone if it were 10 degrees warmer. So I'll just keep tabs on the scoreboard occasionally.  After all, there will only be a pep band of 150 instead of the whole 400. 

For  anyone who did not pick up on it, there's a live VIDEO steam of the game at:

http://diamondclearmedia.com/alcoa/

Wish DB always had one of these live streams every week, I mean with the college seating and press box and such, I guess they can't afford to lose people to it.   

20 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Mallad Creek needs to worry about trying to beat Richmond in their OWN state before thump their chest about playing teams the have 33 combined championships! Don't choke on that huckleberry transplant boy.:roll:

On 10/31/2019 at 8:27 AM, 32hammer said:

We all get caught up in hyping up our kids. I'm as guilty as anyone. Nothing wrong with being positive and enthusiastic about supporting your players. That being said, his statement was out there.

I try to be as objective as possible about what I think of a player or team. We live in Florida for most of the year, but usually catch a game or two in the Tri Cities area at the start of the season and our grandson is on the freshman team at D-B. I've seen Alcoa a bunch in person over the years, but not this year, except for the televised game against Blackman. We get out to a game every Friday night down here, and I feel confident in saying that there are only 2 teams here on the Treasure Coast who I think could beat Alcoa, those being Vero Beach and Treasure Coast of Port St Lucie. Both are Class 8A schools. Vero Beach is riding a 62 game regular season winning streak and is ranked #3 in 8A, and Treasure Coast is #10 with only an OT loss to Vero Beach in a fantastic game we were lucky to be at. IMO Alcoa would give either a  good tussle and maybe even pull off a win.