LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

This was the game that I expected it to be. There were no surprises to me other than the final score. Forrest is a very good team with good players. A lot of could have would have should have in this game. As it turned our Forrest won the game when they held LC on the 12 yard line going in. Kind of like the NFL coach said "they are who I thought they were". No disrespect to the other region, but I would not be surprised if they meet again in the 3rd round in Chapel Hill.

Eli became a Rocket for real Fri night. 

• Hats off to Lewis. Well-coached. A real program. Good fans good people. They took and delivered some terrific hits, were sound fundamentally offense, defense, special teams, Many backs who could carry it and a line the size of Mt Rushmore. 
  • Lewis deceptive offense, with all the fakes, is a joy to watch, maddening if you root for their opponent. 
  • Sharp played it safe and punted with a little over 4 min left. This was a mistake I felt. Both defenses were tired and he put his back out there. Lewis had not failed to move it even in the 4th.
  • Rockets on their next drive, went for it TWICE on 4th. Coverted once, and got a penalty the other. Forrest still used enough clock to give Lewis only a little more than a minute with no timeouts for their last possession. Eli went for it, Sharp didnt.  
  • Sharp shouldve taken 3 in the first half when they were deep in Forrest territory.  Thsi was going to be a low scoring game. 
  • Forrest was not themselves. Sluggish, rusty, whatever you want to call it. TWO false starts on 4th and inches. Just mind-bogglng stuff. Tons of holds that brought back big gains.
  • Lewis mightve had enough time with out-of--bounds plays and time outs to get down there. Bu tthey elected to throw a long pass into double coverage that was picked off to seal the game.  

These seniors are now 10-0 with a 4 year record of 30-15.

Minus the middle two years, where everything that could go wrong did, 2017/2018 senior leadership was somewhat lacking, and Eli was coaching like a law student in his first jury trial, they've gone 21-2, with victories over 5A Page, Watertown, Tyner, Meigs, Lewis, two 4A schools (Portland and Lawrence), and delivered Jamboree beatdowns to 4A Nolensville and 6A Rockvale.

Am I a Rocket optimist? Duh. These kids just keep winning games where they are not the favorite, where other schools' fans call them losers, not good, didnt play anybodym, weakest region in the state regardless of class, etc. 

Well they are undefeated. And hosting all the way to Cookeville. They will be favored the next two weeks, and if they win thos,e underdog after that, including, in my opinion, against Waverly, if that happens.  

Congrats to the 2019 Rockets. Region 5 2A Champs. 

header.jpg?t=1564788892