Summertown comes to Waverly Round 1

vandyfan1

On 11/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, Super8Dad said:

Are there any posters from Summertown or this going to be one of those long boring weeks where we're just talking back and fourth to ourselves?:bored:

Fortunately the General was able to step up this week and prevent boredom on the Waverly thread. :D
I’m trying to catch up on the week tonight and the threads seem like it’s Forrest v Waverly week.

1 hour ago, Vandychris said:

Summertown has given up 21 or more 1 time since week 3...And you think you are going to put up 34? Did you bump your head when you fell out of that tree?

It’s not outside the realm of possibilities but I doubt it too.  Our offense is not dynamic enough. We don’t blow teams out like the Mcconnell days.  We just grind it.  We may see a much different team next year when we have a field general option.  This year it’s all ground and pound. 35 against a good team is a stretch. Not saying we won’t because I have not really seen summertown and they may not be a good team.  What I did see of them on Facebook, if the right waverly team shows up, we will win.  One thing we have over the Mcconnell days is a coach that has gotten it done in the playoffs.  He has won games that he was not supposed to win. Mcconnell won the games he was supposed to but had nothing for the ones that were either toss ups or underdogs. I just don’t trust this team but I see a future.   

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Fortunately the General was able to step up this week and prevent boredom on the Waverly thread. :D
I’m trying to catch up on the week tonight and the threads seem like it’s Forrest v Waverly week.

Ohhh the general.  Reading his blabber has made my week more entertaining for sure.  I hope Roc runs them into the ground.  

Summertown has given up 175pts this season and has scored 215pts.

Summertown opponents are 53-46 on the year.

6 out of 10 of those teams are in the playoffs. 

Record is 6-4 with a 3-2 Region Record

Non Region opponents (4)1A Schools and (1) 4A School with a total Record of 25-25 on the year. 

Waverly has given up 221pts this season and has scored 257pts.

Waverly opponents are 60-40 on the year.

8 out of 10 of those teams are in the playoffs. 

Record is 6-4 with a 5-0 Region Record

Non Region Opponents (2) 1A Schools and (3) 3A Schools with a total Record of 35-15 on the year.