Round 1: Sullivan North @ Oneida

crow

15 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Yeah kinda Busch league if you ask me. I really hope the staff stays away from him even if he decides to try and crawl back. 

I know. Word is he committed a few months ago and told other recruits he was committed. He had Austin Price come do something a few months ago. Auburn must of pony up $$$,

Edited by Appvol
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OmahaOmaha said:

I hope we can get the W but I ain’t sure bout whipping ya 

LOL! I'm predicting 33-16 Oneida. If North can play smart football in which they haven't so many times this season then North has a small chance at an upset. We're also just too predictable on offense too. Gimmick plays might help North stay in the game & if everything goes our way an upset can be pulled off but it's not likely in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Is your son a senior or underclassmen? He has solid footwork for a nice sized kid. I think he looked better as a blocker but he was also good on the DL too.

He is a Junior but just turned 16 in September. Yeah he is not quick enough off the ball on defense. He just try’s to eat blocks up. He is going to work on that when he starts doing Witten training in the offseason.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

LOL! I'm predicting 33-16 Oneida. If North can play smart football in which they haven't so many times this season then North has a small chance at an upset. We're also just too predictable on offense too. Gimmick plays might help North stay in the game & if everything goes our way an upset can be pulled off but it's not likely in my opinion.

Well 2 predictable offenses goin at it Friday night. It should make for a heck of a game. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I know. Word is he committed a few months ago and told other recruits he was committed. He had Austin Price come do something a few months ago. Auburn must of pony up $$$,

Something had to have happened from this weekend because his parents and himself told Pruitt and Co. he was gonna be a Vol today. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

I would be willing to bet that North is more predictable than Oneida though. LOL!

I haven’t watched the 1st snap of SN this season so I don’t know much about them. However this Oneida team can be very predictable on offense. 

Edited by OmahaOmaha

18 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

I haven’t watched the 1st snap of SN this season so I don’t know much about them. However this Oneida team can be very predictable on offense. 

North is totally one dimensional. North throws the ball no more than 3-5 times a game. It's usually more towards the 3 passes per game mark. They run the same offensive plays every game. It's mostly off tackle or straight up the middle stuff. They will throw in some misdirection and/or counter plays but it's usually smashmouth football. Their QB Hartsock can throw the ball & that's what baffles me. We also have a couple of speedsters @ WR. However, Coach Patrick chooses not to pass the ball much at all. Hartsock  QB isn't big but he has a decent arm.

2 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

North is totally one dimensional. North throws the ball no more than 3-5 times a game. It's usually more towards the 3 passes per game mark. They run the same offensive plays every game. It's mostly off tackle or straight up the middle stuff. They will throw in some misdirection and/or counter plays but it's usually smashmouth football. Their QB Hartsock can throw the ball & that's what baffles me. We also have a couple of speedsters @ WR. However, Coach Patrick chooses not to pass the ball much at all. Hartsock  QB isn't big but he has a decent arm.

I believe you are describing Oneida! Friday night may be the quickest game in playoff history. Each team better make the most of the opportunities they have with the ball because it sounds like they won’t be many chances to have the ball. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I went to high school many moons ago @ Sullivan North. I have followed their sports programs ever since graduating from there in 1989. I've seen North play twice this season. Both were losses to South Greene (22-0) & also to Cloudland to end the season (20-14 OT). Let me just say this is a North football team that doesn't play with any discipline. They are turnover prone as well. I know Coach Patrick & this is not a typical North team you should see with him coaching. I don't know what's going on but North just doesn't play smart football at all.

North as has been the case for years & years is a running football team. They rarely throw more than 3-5 times a game. This year though North has 2 real speedsters in Hill @ WR & Potter out of the backfield that they line up @ WR sometimes. They also have another younger player in Brandon Roberts as a sophomore that is a burner as well. This is why I don't understand North doesn't throw the ball more. I guess Coach Patrick doesn't sway away at all from his coaching style regardless of the skill positions. North does have 4 RB's that are all capable of running the ball including QB Hartsock. However, they are just too predictable. Now, people could say with 4 solid RB's it would be hard to key on one certain player to carry the ball. Well, their offensive formations in my opinion gives it away. 

I will say some teams even if they know what's coming can't stop North's running game. However, those teams are the weaker teams from the area. When North faced South Greene, Hampton, & Cloudland their running game was kept in check. The only decent team in their conference North was able to run the ball against was Happy Valley. North lead the conference in total penalties per game & was 2nd in turnovers. They did have quite a few takeaways though so that offset some of their own turnovers. North had at least one personal foul penalty in about every game this season. Too many players losing their cool. That's where I mention this team has major discipline problems & I'm quite surprised by this from a Coach Patrick team.

I don't know too much about Oneida. I have taken a look at their schedule & results. Oneida probably plays in a tougher overall conference than North. 6-4 isn't a great record considering their opponents but they lost 3 tough games as well. I also checked in on their stats. They seem to be a team that's inconsistent on offense but pretty steady on defense. They held a very good ranked Greenback team to 20 points in a 20-7 loss. They lost to ranked Upperman by a score of 25-6. They lost 24-3 to traditional state powerhouse & ranked #2 Meigs County. Those are 3 pretty tough opponents on their schedule. They weren't blown out by any of those teams. They beat a ranked King's Academy team about a month ago. Of course, to end the season they lost in a close game 22-14 to Coalfield.

From what I've seen out of North I see only a very small chance North can win this game. If North can play their best game & keep their cool & not turn the ball over they could have a chance. I'm not confident in that happening though. I think Oneida is clearly a better team overall. North might run some gimmick plays to pull off an upset but I give that about a 10%-15% chance in happening. I predict Oneida to win 33-16.

So Meigs got the traditional "State powerhouse" and GB got a "very good ranked team" four straight semis,3 straight championship appearances and 1 of those a Gold ball??:roflol:just busting your chops TB i followed your posts during baseball season although you picked against us 95% of the time.LOL.You do your homework whether your right or wrong i give you alot of credit for that.I think DB gets the W Fri.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

So Meigs got the traditional "State powerhouse" and GB got a "very good ranked team" four straight semis,3 straight championship appearances and 1 of those a Gold ball??:roflol:just busting your chops TB i followed your posts during baseball season although you picked against us 95% of the time.LOL.You do your homework whether your right or wrong i give you alot of credit for that.I think DB gets the W Fri.

GB just runs the score up on poor teams and puffs out their chest like they are New England Patriots! Meigs beats teams with class :roflol: