REGIONS 1/2 5-A PLAYOFFS! OPINIONS?

dawgs82

Crockett will go down just based upon who they’re playing and now they’ve been revealed over the last 3 weeks. They were highly overrated coming into this season and that’s now been exposed. Boone seems to be playing much better despite having Cole injured, but I’m not sure what’s coming out of Knox County this year. Tennessee High is playing very well, but our depth is a concern. We can compete if we stay healthy. However, the notion that R1 teams can’t beat teams from R2 and beyond is crazy. THS beat Knox Central and South Doyle last year, and we’re a better team this year. We can definitely compete. Should be a fun post season for all

31 minutes ago, VikingFan2019 said:

Crockett will go down just based upon who they’re playing and now they’ve been revealed over the last 3 weeks. They were highly overrated coming into this season and that’s now been exposed. Boone seems to be playing much better despite having Cole injured, but I’m not sure what’s coming out of Knox County this year. Tennessee High is playing very well, but our depth is a concern. We can compete if we stay healthy. However, the notion that R1 teams can’t beat teams from R2 and beyond is crazy. THS beat Knox Central and South Doyle last year, and we’re a better team this year. We can definitely compete. Should be a fun post season for all

Tennessee High will go down also you’ll haven’t played anyone.

1 minute ago, stockton4182 said:

Tennessee High will go down also you’ll haven’t played anyone.

Does it hurt that bad to have crashed like you have?  After we beat you and the officials on that cold night, Crockett was broken. Crockett’s players and coaches are extremely undisciplined and that has shown recently, because you hadn’t played anyone. You blamed the officials for Boone kicking that crack too. I’m guessing Mo East must’ve gotten help from the officials to complete this conspiracy to take down your team....?

We very well could go down early because we’ll be playing one of, if not the best team in 5A after they dispose of you. However, we’ll be competing and in the mix to win. 
It’s nuts to argue over high school sports because to be quite honest, it’s borderline pathetic. However, I’ve seen the subtle shots you’ve taken during your tantrums of getting soundly beaten, so I felt I should stoop down to just school you once more. I’m finished now. Your next comment should be congratulating Morristown East for beating you because they’re a classy team. 

Now that I have that behind me, how are the other teams in R2 looking this year?  I’m not familiar with Halls, Gibbs, etc. are the seedings in the region spot on, or did some surprise games alter the seedings?

18 minutes ago, VikingFan2019 said:

Does it hurt that bad to have crashed like you have?  After we beat you and the officials on that cold night, Crockett was broken. Crockett’s players and coaches are extremely undisciplined and that has shown recently, because you hadn’t played anyone. You blamed the officials for Boone kicking that crack too. I’m guessing Mo East must’ve gotten help from the officials to complete this conspiracy to take down your team....?

We very well could go down early because we’ll be playing one of, if not the best team in 5A after they dispose of you. However, we’ll be competing and in the mix to win. 
It’s nuts to argue over high school sports because to be quite honest, it’s borderline pathetic. However, I’ve seen the subtle shots you’ve taken during your tantrums of getting soundly beaten, so I felt I should stoop down to just school you once more. I’m finished now. Your next comment should be congratulating Morristown East for beating you because they’re a classy team. 

Now that I have that behind me, how are the other teams in R2 looking this year?  I’m not familiar with Halls, Gibbs, etc. are the seedings in the region spot on, or did some surprise games alter the seedings?

Gibbs finished the season well and central is going in limping. our o line is just bad and can’t give fawver time to throw. I believe every game this Friday should be competitive and could go either way.

23 minutes ago, VikingFan2019 said:

Listen to this little snowflake!!!!!!! This is the exact reason I can’t stand Tennessee High fans they are a disgrace to the human race.

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

The playoffs are finally here. Some are limping in. How do you see this going?

Boone lost 4 games in a row to Greeneville, Tenn High, Elizabethton, Dobyns-Bennett.   All 4 of them were at the time ranked in the top 10 in their respective classes.    We lost those games by a combined 139-26, but it could just have easily have been 200-26 because they all started playing 2's/3's in the 2nd half.      So Boone has lost the games we were supposed to lose and won the games we were supposed to win (except Crockett, we were not figured to win that one).    How well can we compete against Knoxville-ish teams this year?     Every year I am hopeful only to be disappointed.    The biggest difference I can see is that Knoxville-ish teams have an overall team speed that is unlike anything we have in the Tri-cities area.    I don't mean a handful of fast guys, every guy across the board is just way faster, and that seems to be the difference each year, that and depth.     Since 1971 Boone has only won one game against a Knoxville-ish team so our track record is not good, however I'm pulling for the Blazers this Friday against a very solid Halls team.   Haven't seen any Halls fans on here but hopefully one of them can give us a little X's and O's about the team.   Just thankful to have made a home playoff game...

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone lost 4 games in a row to Greeneville, Tenn High, Elizabethton, Dobyns-Bennett.   All 4 of them were at the time ranked in the top 10 in their respective classes.    We lost those games by a combined 139-26, but it could just have easily have been 200-26 because they all started playing 2's/3's in the 2nd half.      So Boone has lost the games we were supposed to lose and won the games we were supposed to win (except Crockett, we were not figured to win that one).    How well can we compete against Knoxville-ish teams this year?     Every year I am hopeful only to be disappointed.    The biggest difference I can see is that Knoxville-ish teams have an overall team speed that is unlike anything we have in the Tri-cities area.    I don't mean a handful of fast guys, every guy across the board is just way faster, and that seems to be the difference each year, that and depth.     Since 1971 Boone has only won one game against a Knoxville-ish team so our track record is not good, however I'm pulling for the Blazers this Friday against a very solid Halls team.   Haven't seen any Halls fans on here but hopefully one of them can give us a little X's and O's about the team.   Just thankful to have made a home playoff game...

I actually like Boone in this one. Halls isn’t like some of the other Knox area teams, imo. Boone should match up well with them as far as speed goes. 

5 hours ago, VikingFan2019 said:

Wow, me and Stockton  are DC fans. Although we are nothing alike. I think you needed that Stockton.