Booker T Washington at Lake County

lakecounty1968

53 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Because you choose to give financial aid contrary to what every public school in the state does. 

Hahahaha. Stupid answer. Also thats why privates are in D2. So that you don’t get knocked out before the championship by a private school. You know how that is right. Not!!!

Edited by BigEdMo

28 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Your post may have made sense to you but to me not so much.

Figures. How many privates have kept you from progressing through the playoffs. And what does privates playing on Thursday have anything to do with financial aid. Come on man!!! 

Edited by BigEdMo

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Your argument is very valid and on point. There is a much better solution that would make both public and private happy but require the TSSAA to actually work a little bit harder. The best solution would be for the TSSAA to not Jam 9 different state championships into a 3-day period. A much more Equitable solution would be to have the private championships be held on the week before the public school championships. That solution completely eliminates the need for Thursday championship football games and it also eliminates the extra bye week that the privates have before the state championship games. The TSSAA would come back with the argument that Tennessee Tech might have a home football game scheduled for the Saturday before. Simple solution in that case is to have the private school games on Friday. That would allow the facility to be used for college game the next day. That solution will also eliminate the possibility of the Public's playing on a Thursday.

I believe that my solution is a fair and Equitable way to please both public and private schools along with the fan bases for each.

My whole point is that it is not fair for either privates or publics to have to play a championship game on a Thursday. There is always a way around it. What is easiest for the TSSAA is for them to do things the way that they are now. That however is not the best way to do things.

Which is why the TSSAA would never do this, because it makes too much sense. 

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Figures. How many privates have kept you from progressing through the playoffs. And what does privates playing on Thursday have anything to do with financial aid. Come on man!!! 

I've had the Nashville Christian experience, that's reason enough to hate privates. Also publics bring a bigger crowd so they should get the prime time,

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I've had the Nashville Christian experience, that's reason enough to hate privates. Also publics bring a bigger crowd so they should get the prime time,

I myself Say that privates should be on Thursday because we have a bye week. But to be stupid and say that privates should be on Thursday because of tuition assistance. Well just hating to be hating. And as far as the Nashville experience?  What about the the last two years?  Were you put out because of them also.  Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Edited by BigEdMo

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Your argument is very valid and on point. There is a much better solution that would make both public and private happy but require the TSSAA to actually work a little bit harder. The best solution would be for the TSSAA to not Jam 9 different state championships into a 3-day period. A much more Equitable solution would be to have the private championships be held on the week before the public school championships. That solution completely eliminates the need for Thursday championship football games and it also eliminates the extra bye week that the privates have before the state championship games. The TSSAA would come back with the argument that Tennessee Tech might have a home football game scheduled for the Saturday before. Simple solution in that case is to have the private school games on Friday. That would allow the facility to be used for college game the next day. That solution will also eliminate the possibility of the Public's playing on a Thursday.

I believe that my solution is a fair and Equitable way to please both public and private schools along with the fan bases for each.

My whole point is that it is not fair for either privates or publics to have to play a championship game on a Thursday. There is always a way around it. What is easiest for the TSSAA is for them to do things the way that they are now. That however is not the best way to do things.

ON POINT.

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I myself Say that privates should be on Thursday because we have a bye week. But to be stupid and say that privates should be on Thursday because of tuition assistance. Well just hating to be hating. And as far as the Nashville experience?  What about the the last two years?  Were you put out because of them also.  Hahahahahahahahaha. 

I didn't say a thing about tuition assistance. Ya'll need to get on your hip and buy you some players if you're gonna compete. I say because of attendance you should play on Thursday. Yall dont usually have much of a crowd. Whoever brings in the money should get prime time.

13 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

We got beat the last two years by a dang good football team, ask your Lake Co buddies. I sure would like to play you guys. We would have put 50 on you in the first half like the Tide did last year.

24 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

We got beat the last two years by a dang good football team, ask your Lake Co buddies. I sure would like to play you guys. We would have put 50 on you in the first half like the Tide did last year.

First of all not buddies with Lake county. I respect lake Co. Second you were put out by a public school 2 years in a row after being undefeated. Third in the playoffs Peabody did not hang 50 in the first half. We were leading 7-0 into the middle of the third quarter. Thanks though for trying to step up. 

Edited by BigEdMo

3 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

First of all not buddies with Lake county. I respect lake Co. Second you were put out by a public school 2 years in a row after being undefeated. Third in the playoffs Peabody did not hang 50 in the first half. We were leading 7-0 into the middle of the third quarter. Thanks though for trying to step up. 

They didn't hang 50 on you on senior night. Man I was there and it was ugly!

3 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

They didn't hang 50 on you on senior night. Man I was there and it was ugly!

There again when the tuner meets the road you deflect. That night was something different. Let me fill you in. My father was diagnosed with cancer and that was his grandsons senior night. Those boys were close to my father. It was a heavy night. And if you were there we were parked on the track in the red car at the end. So yes they did smoke us. But when it counts in the playoffs our boys came out fighting even though they were out manned. We lead that game even though we were out numbered. No for your mustangs. Undefeated and you go out in the playoffs. Not to a private school. So it is stupid for you to chime in. Get past lake co then holler back. Better yet get through the playoffs period. Good luck!!