HICKMAN CO @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

3 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Maybe you should start a new thread and name it "Why my team didn't make the playoffs". Seems more fitting for your statement and could get some sympathy from other teams that didn't make the playoffs.

I'm just a realist... if your team is better than mine, I'll tell you that it is and why I think so, and included that before Scotts Hill took the field in game one that a fourth place finish in the region would be a good year for what we had.I even stated at the end of the post that I didn't intend to cause hard feelings, but what I said was what I felt was the truth. Not being argumentative, but what part of my assessment do you think was off? 

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Just don’t understand the post. Has nothing to do with any post on this topic. It’s just out of the blue explaining why Scott Hill didn’t make the playoffs. And also acting like they dominated the game against Hickman. Which wasn’t so at all. 

Just included Scotts Hill for a comparison. The point is that I knew that we weren't good enough even when healthy to play with the top teams (Forrest). The injury report was not for sympathy at all, just to show that even when not at full strength, we and your Bulldogs are basically on the same level. Sorry that your feelings were hurt, or if you mistook what I was saying as Scotts Hill is better than Hickman Co... we're not, but neither of us could give Forrest much of a game unless they severely go in the tank.

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Just included Scotts Hill for a comparison. The point is that I knew that we weren't good enough even when healthy to play with the top teams (Forrest). The injury report was not for sympathy at all, just to show that even when not at full strength, we and your Bulldogs are basically on the same level. Sorry that your feelings were hurt, or if you mistook what I was saying as Scotts Hill is better than Hickman Co... we're not, but neither of us could give Forrest much of a game unless they severely go in the tank.

Oh my feelings aren’t hurt. Just don’t see the reason for the post and the excuses on your poor season have anything to due with this game. 

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I'm just a realist... if your team is better than mine, I'll tell you that it is and why I think so, and included that before Scotts Hill took the field in game one that a fourth place finish in the region would be a good year for what we had.I even stated at the end of the post that I didn't intend to cause hard feelings, but what I said was what I felt was the truth. Not being argumentative, but what part of my assessment do you think was off? 

So since you’re realist, was Hickman a team better than Scott’s Hill this season? 

8 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

So since you’re realist, was Hickman a team better than Scott’s Hill this season? 

Yes, they were. We had a chance to be better than I expected... we beat a pretty good Walnut Miss. team in week one with an electric RB, by simply playing sound football. That was our "highlight" of the season, along with playing Houston County even for a half, and the game with your Bulldogs. Flashes of "could have been" don't equal out to "better than" though. In the end, we wound up about where I thought we would, but I like how we got there. You won the game... you finished ahead of us in the standings... I have no problem saying that you were better than us, but that doesn't make either of us as good as Forrest. 

I mean lets be honest. Look at the schedules. I cover Marshall County. Hickman County got the snot beaten out of them by one of the worst Lawrence County teams I have seen in years. Forrest beat two 4A teams easily. If both teams play to their potential Forrest wins easy, In both first and second rounds. I get sticking up for your team but anyone who isn't from Hickman County that is on here thinking the Rockets will have trouble in the first round is just trolling. You don't go undefeated with that schedule and not be a legitimate threat to go all the way.